Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No plug symbol with hookup connected

D

David j

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
2010 Cali .... When the hookup is plugged in I get no plug symbol in the consul ...I get power to the three pin socket next to the sink ...any suggestions please ......

1. WelshGasRetired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.VIP Member
    Maybe.
    1. Is the Mains socket on the Kitchen Unit energised?
    2. If it is then check the Mains Plug into the Charger unit, based under the fridge in your vehicle. Check that it is plugged in. It's like the plug you put into an electric kettle.
    3. If both these are OK then it could be the Charger.
    4. Check the fuses. There are some Fuse charts in the VIP Download section that might give an indication of where to look.

WelshGas, Jan 19, 2016Report
    #2Reply

2010 Cali .... When the hookup is plugged in I get no plug symbol in the consul ...I get power to the three pin socket next to the sink ...any suggestions please ......
Hi, I had the same problem on my new van, it was the charger lead, although it appeared plugged in it wasn't fully pushed in. Try removing lead from charger and refitting.
Pete

Have checked plug into charger ..fuses all ok ...three pin socket energised...there is a slider switch on the charger does anyone know what this does .....still no plug symbol on hookup aaaaaaaargh !!!!!!!!!!!

I had this problem in France and Italy and it turned out to be a reverse polarity problem so used my reverse polarity cable.

John

I had this problem in France and Italy and it turned out to be a reverse polarity problem so used my reverse polarity cable.
I think he is testing at home

It may be a silly question has it ever worked.

Next thing to check - What does the Control Panel show - Voltage of Leisure Battery without and with the Mains connected.

Mine goes from 12.7 without to 14.4 with, same as when the engine is running.

I think he is testing at home

It may be a silly question has it ever worked.
Yeah testing at home ....what's the little slider switch do on the charger ? Not sure only had the van a few months previous owner says he never knew there was a plug symbol ....

Have read that the plug symbol disappears when the leisure batteries are full ...can anybody confirm please ?

Have read that the plug symbol disappears when the leisure batteries are full ...can anybody confirm please ?

I think the plug symbol is visible as long the hook-up cable is plugged in and power runs thru the system
At least i never saw it go away even if the status was showing 100% for long periode

If there are other experiences on this by others , please let us know!

Thanks ....I think it said only applies to later Cali's 2010 onwards ....

Thanks ....I think it said only applies to later Cali's 2010 onwards ....
2014 SE. Plug symbol present whenever the Mains is plugged in.No matter what the state of charge.

Yep, my 2015 plug symbol is on, even at 100%, when plugged in

So when there is no symbol, is it charging, because that is the important thing
Does the battery level go up??

H
Yep, my 2015 plug symbol is on, even at 100%, when plugged in

So when there is no symbol, is it charging, because that is the important thing
Does the battery level go up??
doesnt show any charge or movement at all on the control panel .....

So mains is coming in ok as socket works,charging unit is plugged in, next thing to check is output from the charger unit....as, if it is not charging sounds like it might be broken.
I would be getting near time to ask for a professional to look at it , before I give myself another major shock from something I wasn't expecting, like an undischarged capacitor........

Back