Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No RHD T7 Californias to be built - Rumour mill

OConnors

OConnors

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We had a lovely German family hire a California last week. The guy, who seemed very credibly works somewhere in the VW supply chain in a managerial role, He is totally convinced that there will not be a RHD T7 California. He said it has already been decided. The reasons he said were a culmination of all the usual, all to do with the decline of the diesel so low MPG from petrol, high emissions on a passenger vehicle, road tax costs etc. As I said he was very credibly and was talking about it as if it was fact. Can anybody point me to any official VW source that can either confirm or deny this? A large part of our business is hiring Californias out so keen to find out something official. What didn't make sense was he said a LHD was still planned but presumably the same reasons above would apply i would think. Just thinking out loud perhaps Europeans are happier to buy petrol as fuels is less expensive?

Thanks

I work for a large motor manufacturer in the UK in Supply Chain. It’s amazing how rumours start, spread, develop then fade away until the next one. If VW stop selling RHD California’s in the UK, I will eat what’s left of my hair!!

Best thing to do is listen to facts not rumours. Too many listen to the nonsense going around without any foundation.

This would mean not any RHD VW would be produced anymore....?
A Cali is based on a T6 chassis ....and build just like any other T6 appart from whats behind the front seats.
This would be thesame IF a T7 should come out.
Very unlikely .

The T7 van will almost certainly be available in RH drive and as the RHD California Kitchen etc is exactly the same as the LHD California it wouldn't take any additional tooling, so I'd be very surprised if a RH drive T7 Cali is not produced.

Depends on far into the future the T7 is.. we still have the T6.1 (facelift) to come yet...

Depends on far into the future the T7 is.. we still have the T6.1 (facelift) to come yet...

You mean a 5.2 don't you? :Grin

Yep, rumours everywhere, all the time. Our local VW (car) dealership told me the next California model is definitely going to be sold through the car showrooms, not commercial. Definitely, he said...

Still, it might be true!

Back