Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nobby's Man-bag

pabloalfa76

pabloalfa76

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Our latest cut-price Storage solution, a second-hand cut down Cargo-bag.
Not pretty and Not very streamline, but I'm fed up with bulky items like 4bike helmets, buckets and spades plus various other child entertaining paraphernalia filling up the wardrobe.
And we can still use the rear view mirror!( it had to be fitted up high as the bikes go on the tow-bar ).
Luckily the MPG is of no interest to me, when I'm on holiday. van031_zps68752f8b.jpg

Attachments

• van031_zps68752f8b.jpg
    van031_zps68752f8b.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 2
Ever watch The Beverly Hillbillies when yuo were a kid? :lol:

S

I'm not convinced that you can really see out of that back window!

:D

Yep. All valid points.

I'm off to Dorset today for a long weekend, I'll let you know how it performs.

I,ve just sold my Thule bike rack and changed to an Atera strada ( after trying out a friends ) so looking forward to running that also.

Keep us up to speed on how the Man bag performs......

S.

Is there an icon for "we're gonna keep taking the p*** on this one" ?

my cali man bag does sit slightly lower on the oem vw bike carrier and folds up nicely in the rack ....i may get a photo for ya at the Kent vw show this weekend .. :thumb

sidepod said:
Keep us up to speed on how the Man bag performs......

S.

Is there an icon for "we're gonna keep taking the p*** on this one" ?

This one is particularly nice and performs well according to the review :thumb :D

2000669_enlarged_zps5d31211a.jpg

John

Attachments

• 2000669_enlarged_zps5d31211a.jpg
    2000669_enlarged_zps5d31211a.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
Strong work John :clap

pabloalfa76 said:
Yep. All valid points.

I'm off to Dorset today for a long weekend, I'll let you know how it performs.

I,ve just sold my Thule bike rack and changed to an Atera strada ( after trying out a friends ) so looking forward to running that also.

Was you on the A3 southbound about 2pm, if not you have a twin complete with man bag!

Well spotted! it was us.

The "Hillbillies" are back home from a great long weekend, around Studland, Swanage and Corfe castle. 3 nights on camping and caravaning DA sites and 1 night on a proper camp-site to get a good shower.
Man-bag and bike-rack worked well, so well in fact I'm now able to carry even more clutter ( I can feel a vicious circle starting ),dorset025_zpsb94f35e8.jpgdorset064_zps20aff38e.jpg

Attachments

• dorset025_zpsb94f35e8.jpg
    dorset025_zpsb94f35e8.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1
  • dorset064_zps20aff38e.jpg
    dorset064_zps20aff38e.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 1
Did you leave anything at home? :lol:

Looks good. Did you do Tom's Field above Swanage?

S.

I have the same man-bag but hadn't thought to raise it above the bikes on my Fiamma rack and thus has never been used. Now I've seen your set up I'm keen to fabricate that second tier support and get it into use - thx!

Not two of you? :?

We've got ours mounted the other way around.

Have got the bag mounted on the tow bar, and bike rack on the back door.

For some reason I could not find a photo with the bag filled up and bikes in place, but you van see where the bikes are to be placed. (Going to buy an extension set, so that it can carry 4 bikes.)

My bag looks a little smaller than yours.
We have looked into maybe changing the bag for a hard box that fits on the tow bar mount we have, but have not concluded yet.

The problem with this tow bar mount is (as with many other accessories) that it has to be removed to access the back door.

1371321037581.jpg

Did you remember to pack the kids?? :eek:

It says in the manual for the bike rack, the tow bar mount and the EasyBag, that it is not for transport of animals or humans.

Either way - there are no kids (yet) to bring on holiday, so for the time being we have the wan all to ourselves. Just the two of us and the enthusiastic dog.
(How old does a kid need to be anyway, before going camping in a California?)

Back