Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noisy roof when driving?

D

Danieljwalker

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi - I’ve searched to see if this has been asked before but I don’t think it has….when driving we get some strange, creaking type, noises from the pop top. The roof is (obviously) down but there are definitely audible creaks from above. Is this normal??

Thanks
Dan

Hi - I’ve searched to see if this has been asked before but I don’t think it has….when driving we get some strange, creaking type, noises from the pop top. The roof is (obviously) down but there are definitely audible creaks from above. Is this normal??

Thanks
Dan
Is it the roll back hatch, they creak and open un assisted?

Ah, it could be. It’s annoying but I’m fine with annoying. I just don’t want the roof to fly open on the motorway!

Also, whilst I think on, when we packed away in the rain 10 days ago there was quite a bit of water on the inside. So much so that it dripped through the open hatch. Has anyone ever experienced that before?

Ah, it could be. It’s annoying but I’m fine with annoying. I just don’t want the roof to fly open on the motorway!

Also, whilst I think on, when we packed away in the rain 10 days ago there was quite a bit of water on the inside. So much so that it dripped through the open hatch. Has anyone ever experienced that before?
Does this mean you haven’t opened the roof since you packed it away wet 10 days ago?

Was the water condensation, wet gear, people etc in a warm van or was it from outside ?

Was the water condensation, wet gear, people etc in a warm van or was it from outside ?
There was a fair bit so I can only assume it was from the outside. I’ll put the roof up next time it’s due to rain and will see what happens!

There was a fair bit so I can only assume it was from the outside. I’ll put the roof up next time it’s due to rain and will see what happens!
Rain getting into the van is not normal and should be investigated

condensation can be reduced but not stopped totally

any photos of the water in the van ?

ref: above noises, mine ‘creaks’ a bit from offside top front corner, usually on warmer days.

I’ve put it down to the rubber seal moving around a bit against the metal vehicle body & being “just one of those things” - it’s a million times quieter than the wind noise from my previous T5 aftermarket conversion!

Back