Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noisy Roofless Topper - any suggestions?

P

Pippa

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all - we’ve had a roofless topper (kayak bars fitted) pretty much since we’ve had our van, but for our last few trips it’s been really really noisy.
We’ve watched a million videos to make sure we’re fitting it correctly so we know we’re doing that right.
At the moment it’s like trying to sleep with someone opening & eating a packet of crisps next to your head or repeatedly ripping Velcro apart....although randomly the Velcro bits at the bottom don’t seem to where the noise is coming from.

Has anyone got any suggestions - and please don’t just say “take it off” or “sleep downstairs” .

Cheers!

I wouldn't make such a crass suggestion (well not out loud anyway!). Obviously nobody has a solution for you, since your post went up this morning and has had lots of views and no replies! We don't have a topper. I can see the advantage in the winter if you want to sleep up top, though I can't see me getting topper on single handed as I'm not very tall. I would suggest that you don't need a topper in the current lovely weather. That wasn't much help. Sorry!

We do not have noise problems with our roofless topper. In stronger winds we use the two long bungees over the roof.

In warm dry weather it stays off.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu