Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comforts Roofless Topper.....any tips for installation?

Jason wallace

Jason wallace

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi,

Tried our roofless topper last night, managed to get it on (solo) in the end.....but the back section which velcros undles the roof was a very messy. We also have a bike rack on which complicates the process a little.

So do i just need to be a ft or so taller or do i need a step of some kind? Or is there a way to do this that i'm missing.

Thanks,

Jason

I'm six foot - and now consider myself a pro solo roofless topper fitter. We have a Beach, the fitting process might be slightly different with an Ocean.

The trick is to fit the topper with the roof only partially open.

1. Fit the topper before winding out the wind out awning.
2. Undo the roof buckles so the roof springs open 2 inches
3. Put the topper over the bonnet with the side panels over the wing mirrors
4. Locate the front corners of the roofless section and fit them to the partially popped top
5. Do up the front bungees
6. Run the awning side panel along the roof and fit the rear awning corner and secure the bungee - leave the long rear flap hanging loose.
7. Fit the other non awning side panel, doing up the middle two bungees
8. Fit the final roof corner and secure the bungee
9. Make sure the bike rack is secured in the upright position with the short lockable arm
10. Hanging onto the bike rack with one hand and standing on the tow bar (bumper if you have no towbar) Velcro the two rear lower flaps to the roof underside with your free hand.
11a Velcro the two flaps and secure with the clips
11b secure the long rear flap
12. Go to the awning side and secure the two long over roof bungees to the topper and throw them across the roof
13. Go around the other side and secure the other end of the long bungees to the topper
14. Check all the roof corners are in the right place.
15 fully raise the roof
16 Secure the front bungee
17 secure the awning side bungee

5 minutes with practice.

Note: we leave the six rail clamps in place, you will obviously need to position these if you don't leave them in place.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
Or fit an internal topper.

Press button to raise roof, job done. No practice required.

(lights touch paper & runs:D)

Last edited:
Or fit an internal topper.

Press button to raise roof, job done. No practice required.

And fold soggy roof canvass into your roof space? - No thank you! I'd prefer to spend five minutes protecting the canvass and roof mechanism from snow and rain.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
Back