Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Non UK vehicles be aware in London.

@Simon_G you are M1

The £295 is PLG - private and /or Light goods, all new Californias except the Beach Tour pay the same £295 PLG rate.

M1 is your correct classification - being a vehicle designed to carry passengers rather than N1 a vehicle designed to carry goods.

If a GC600 is M1 (which they are ) a beach certainly should be.

The only campers that are N1 are those that were initially registered as vans & subsequently converted to campers after first registration.

Explanation below from .GOV website as to PLG tax class
1 The Private/Light Goods Class (PLG)
This class mainly covers private cars and light goods vehicles (not over 3,500kg revenue weight) that do not fall under the Graduated VED Schemes. However, any vehicle which does not fall within the other classes, described in this booklet falls within the “PLG” class for duty purposes.

Last edited:
@Simon_G you are M1

The £295 is PLG - private and /or Light goods, all new Californias except the Beach Tour pay the same £295 PLG rate.

M1 is your correct classification - being a vehicle designed to carry passengers rather than N1 a vehicle designed to carry goods.

If a GC600 is M1 (which they are ) a beach certainly should be.

The only campers that are N1 are those that were initially registered as vans & subsequently converted to campers after first registration.

Explanation below from .GOV website as to PLG tax class
1 The Private/Light Goods Class (PLG)
This class mainly covers private cars and light goods vehicles (not over 3,500kg revenue weight) that do not fall under the Graduated VED Schemes. However, any vehicle which does not fall within the other classes, described in this booklet falls within the “PLG” class for duty purposes.

Andy, thanks for the explanation. I suspect it was a case of the way the French Govt webpage translated the difference between M1 and N1 which gives rise to the confusion, plus the absence of any description on my V5. Notwithstanding, the actual Crit'Air classification of 2 applies to both M1 and N1 plus they have my uploaded V5 for reference.

For London

I cannot find a registration site for the other City Clean Air Zones for UK or Foreign registered vehicles. You might have to Pay and then claim a Refund - not very good, or they may not charge Foreign registered vehicles.
This may be of help:

Be aware also, in true Belgian style, the LEZ zones in antwerp and Brussels have nothing to do with each other. So registering in one won't mean anything in the other. Also, in Brussels, vehicles classed officially as camper vans are exempt (at least for Belgian registered vehicles), but not the case in antwerp...

We're off to the UK next week for a few days (unfortunately for a funeral).
Knowing that we would be inside the M25 we went online and checked that we wouldn't be going into an LEZ (apparently not!), I just hope the site we used was upto date.

Knowing that we would be inside the M25 we went online and checked that we wouldn't be going into an LEZ (apparently not!), I just hope the site we used was upto date.
As long as used the (tfl.gov.uk) TFL site. Transport for London you should have the current information. See post by @WelshGas above.

:oops: 23k is a bit steep..
I was there in July, August, Oct and Dec, haven't heard anything yet.
I'll have to try and register the car.

Its only 100€ in Germany if you get caught without
a green sticker.
Only?

At present the London LEZ is within the North and South Circular, but in late August it is supposed to expand to all areas within the M25.

Back