Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

North London Campsites?

Straad

Straad

Straad
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi Everybody, Jane and I are planning to come down to the Peoples Vote march on the 23rd March. We will be coming down from the edge of the Highlands in Scotland and the trains/sleeper are ridiculously expensive! We were thinking of the possibility of driving down in our Cali but, having never stayed near London before, I have no idea of where's good and where is a reasonable distance out for getting in. Ideally it should be on the North side of London. Any advice would be most appreciated! ta.

Camping & Caravan Club site in Crystal Palace: Southside but No 3 bus takes 1 hour to Westminster. Good luck :thumb

Caravan and Motorhome Club at Abbey Wood. Short walk to railway station.

Caravan Club, commons wood, just off the A1 20 miles north of London. 30 minutes by train.
Am I missing something? I can't understand the recommendations for South London sites for someone coming from Scotland. Its an extra couple of hours driving to end up the same distance away from where he's trying to get to.

Caravan Club, commons wood, just off the A1 20 miles north of London. 30 minutes by train.
Am I missing something? I can't understand the recommendations for South London sites for someone coming from Scotland. Its an extra couple of hours driving to end up the same distance away from where he's trying to get to.
My defence for suggesting a site to the south of London is,
The OP, said “ideally” to the north of London, not “definitely”.
No harm in having a few options to choose from.

Abbey Wood CC site. A1 - M11- M25

Walk to the station (10 minutes) .... train to London Bridge (every 20 mins or so). then jubilee line to Green Park. Short walk from there to Park Lane.

Try Watts Covert, Denham caravan and motor home site, Uxbridge. 20 minute walk to railway station. 25 min train ride to Marylebone, then find your way to the March on the underground to meet the March.

Camping & Caravan Club site in Crystal Palace: Southside but No 3 bus takes 1 hour to Westminster. Good luck :thumb
Or frequent yrains to Victoria, London Bridge ir tbe City. Excellent connections.

Theobalds Park, just off the M25 and surprisingly rural feeling. Caravan and Camping club site with good facilities and within walking distance of a train station. We use it frequently, just one tip, point the front of the roof away from the M25 otherwise it magnifies the noise!

Caravan and Motorhome Club at Abbey Wood. Short walk to railway station.
Good site and if trains not running then bus stop very near site to Woolwich then docklands railway.
Hi Everybody, Jane and I are planning to come down to the Peoples Vote march on the 23rd March. We will be coming down from the edge of the Highlands in Scotland and the trains/sleeper are ridiculously expensive! We were thinking of the possibility of driving down in our Cali but, having never stayed near London before, I have no idea of where's good and where is a reasonable distance out for getting in. Ideally it should be on the North side of London. Any advice would be most appreciated! ta.
Yes Caravan club site at Abbey Wood is good and if trains not running then bus stop very near site to Woolwich then you can get on docklands railway. I did it last year for Peoples Vote march. Have a good day.

If you have any problems finding a space to stay, we have space on our driveway, or a spare room, and just 15 mins walk from Lee station, which, in turn, is just 15 minutes by train from London Bridge railway station.