Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Working in London - Suitable Campsites Pls

G

gatvol

'er indoors and I are both freelancers. We normally work from home, but the missus currently has a three month assignment based at London Bridge (ie just south of the Thames in central London)

We travel down from Newark to get to London, so the natural route for us is to take the A1. When on the A1 it is easy for us to head into London on the M1 or M11.

Does anyone know of a good campsite in North London (ideally near the A1, M1 or the M11) that offers simple transport into central London. In good weather she would probably bike in, but she'd be after a train ride or tube if the weather were bad

Thanks

Try this link for size.

http://www.placeslocally.co.uk/camping-sites/SE1.html

B & G would have links with G going straight into London Bridge station.

I know G is not in the North part you mentioned but if you coming in from the north, say B and have to use the train, you would still have to get to the south side, say from Liverpool Street which is not that far but still I am throwing G in as a curve ball as it not that far from you M11 route (the one I use to come into the south bank from the A1 to near London Bridge) and the train is direct.

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions.

North London/ Essex, or at least being near a good route North seems an important factor here for her drive home on a Friday night. A delicate balancing act I guess, and it is about 15 years since I last experienced leaving London on a Friday night by Road so I have no idea what area would be best

If she is too far out of London, the daily travel costs start to build. She has a Brompton folding bike and loves using it to cross central London, it can easily go on trains or tubes

Helicopter. :laugh2

No really I have been stuck in a jam heading to the A1 from north London at 1:30am.

Even leaving at 15:00 (from London Bridge by car which I know she is not) I would not expect to be moving freely northwards on the M1 or A1 for a good 2+ hours. :headbang

Unfortunately i do it every two weeks and really life is too short :smile

B near Enfield would be an option then as you can always drive down the M1 and cut through St Albans rather coming all the way down to the M25 from the M1 and the cut through comes out on the M25 quite close to B.