Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

North Wales Suggestions Please?

K

KAM38

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,
Picked up the Cali last weekend, so raring to make the virgin trip out :thumb

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some nice sites - we are based in Manchester and i was thinking maybe North Wales way?

Looking for something nice and quiet, toilet / shower facilities, hook up (see how it all works), and ideally not too commercial - a real added bonus would be a fire pit on the pitch?

Any suggestions / reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance....

I've heard a lot of good things about Shell Island http://www.shellisland.co.uk/ It's a bit north of Barmouth near Llanbedr. Seems just what you are looking for. Lots of sandy beaches and a relaxed atmosphere.
There is a list of replies to often asked questions. They don't have hook-ups, but you should be fine for 3-5 days in a Cali, they do allow fire pits as long as they are raised off the grass.
We plan to go there on our next trip away.

Thanks for the suggestions :).... Both look great, much appreciated. :thanks

We're at Shell Island at present. It's a school holiday week so a lot of people here but there is plenty of space.

Only trouble with lots of people is a percentage of them are irritating. A guy in a diesel Golf left his engine running for about 3 hours yesterday within earshot, when that stopped someone's radio started! :headbang

The place is much better when the kids go back :D

Nantcol Waterfals Campsite:

EAUl2oRSOYperEGZRZ8_ofYNwZn5Vj7Bt2TA6Pyqzt-UHcpn2Yi6VaSF0WSrYldKxHKaN2cARwJ-ZlefuyjAdIwo7fAIieFXkXsigpDzX0Yd__o5irZHWozWw--UUo9ihi-4XpFbTjpcOC9GUaJlbqxbZghkrgneHp1aAYaQZAVuYjhXUgvi48eK8IN1xDXsVAqjhk-QkeaiwvD42uYcqo_enaWn7XAm5FTz5bi75eEzflbcC3E_CUWqeSPan-wy3Fd-x2xyNxy0i2ABJR0zsE-SHpQaX8qbhFrbu-LTZSkCUYM3Ms8QxO6pCvSf4Tj6oTggxci5d1BYt6LS9OhhRZpqdeIotzJPNHFP63CHUbBP6czmeAcNsMJw5aInJLjIrsPce55P-Ylf-JDDp1v0giYOpwaYpdvG9JuVaMoYxHP7UHye2PxvHMNdSqY3DvxymCZhRYwGPKOx8MZgNIcE1_Q5DLIQi_YcDnmNfwlku8UQRJPX6wUSGMrXRFlct6LBSUiTHSWApc_k-TCbLbZacpMIinGSZ8HomS3aY8tYmx7y5zhkDsyUZiYPuoTDRtLeUpGMuPZ7bhtedGDczUHGsVQqRpnBh21gaSyIFRNZ0FbjS6x-1t1canWAF6lQlEKvmCkj08tPi6zIAUhkD5sENX81YMYeIolg0w=w2080-h1386-no

Rynys Farm campsite:

FP5hC1zfxA1E-vGTjsl3T6SAHlyJqAx8lWk76onkFXdawnsxvjesguYRyBoqKcR0QjFbgMsi6aMEnHcDT89WDF5Zv5BF7YQZF18IBTCxg30tljuq1KlZiKJ1A3abn5SC0_69CvlVF3RXzCUXZBu_MkWRFCNhJo4k_C7Ij5NKLRr5qYZljTFyDYRYgB9kmLg9GntRw5JhDS21MQytsO2hhgseshKEySlRFwmt753x2VvLn7MeTcT8MsFnR6pXPlErIjGp9CPNggZIMSUfZVTOl-tRE7XL_HFxCx0imMZNdQyqcEZiNGoIH_jl6bVcWysulbZvPDip99UG6T76PaI0u57DevDLGGIWUzf1a5Szf_CetoDg9NiD-unxOD7ZMoV3-nFLVS3d3WsMMEJWF1KBSIzJXtAoAYULSNgu_WNF4QqqxuH2tuvZ2ikw_Uj6W0W0DcqJo8oHuHA7n3EVyfRbtdeY8d9VxKdcVTNO2eTPzHxIRTiPfwJ8ivphgCL8hue3yBqQVbZ0IdrXDdJbHkzFK2K2QV-ER8Iu0RySM07TzsFM2R-S8o1WyfOfHrpu8iWbSq1Sop0clon-K6MwRFtTDLldIcbalbao8P4CgJ9krgRW1zzf9VWRvxqu_qUU_eUECMSVn3evevUfr8MuoVSjQwBHRBkVpCGwRg=w2080-h1386-no

A little site...

big on views... big on hospitality, run by the Jones family (well knock me down with a feather, a family called Jones :shocked)...... absolutely lovely.

Mair Jones is lovely, she taught me all the Welsh I know ..... https://www.gwerniago.co.uk

Hi KAM38
We reside in Warrington and are constantly heading to campsites in north wales at the moment.
These three are our favourites so far;
Sunset park Benlech (Anglesey)
Abbey farm campsite (Llangollen)
Black rock sands, beach or campsite (Porthmadog) going here again this weekend it’s that good!

http://gwynant.com/

Lakeside campsite near Snowdon. They have a few pitches with hookup. Also have firepits ( you can only burn wood bought on site).

Also have canoehire / launching if wanted. And an on site pizza oven/ seller. Definitely recommended...

That's great, thanks all.... We eventually went to a little place called Nyth Robin in Aberdovey. Great site, lovely owners and really peaceful. It was a little far for a 2 nighter so some of the above will be really useful. The maiden voyage didn't go without some highlights - 2 year old son threw up all over the brand new van on the way, then a Range Rover knocked the wing mirror off :talktothehand... No point getting too upset.....

Back