Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway - (almost) lengthwise

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all,

Just finished up 2 weeks and about 5500 km in my home country Norway, well the way north was actually a lot on the E45 road through Sweden as it is significantly faster.

Spent about 3 days (with very sleep) to get to North Cape https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Cape_(Norway), and the rest of the time back south.

The main "mission" for the trip was basically... well seeing more of my country + do some hiking and catch the last bit of snow for some late season skiing.

Highlights for me were definitely (in no particular order):

• Lyngen
  • Lofoten
  • Helgelandskysten
  • Trollveggen/Trollstigen
  • Stryn
  • Lom
  • Geiranger
  • Gaustadtoppen

...mostly because I haven't been there before.

The Cali rode like a charm all the way, although it got a bit rough on the side roads with the Bilstein suspension and 20" rims o_O Great setup on better roads though.

Some random pictures attached.

Ask away about the trip or Norway in general!:)

20150530_191637_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20150530_215039.jpg

20150601_090004.jpg

20150601_163243.jpg

20150602_221111.jpg

20150605_142222.jpg

20150609_214238.jpg

Bilde 01.06.15, 15.09.35.jpg

Bilde 01.06.15, 15.09.42.jpg

Bilde 01.06.15, 18.54.02.jpg

I very much would love to visit Norway, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos, I now really want to go!

Well, I have lived here for 35+ years, and still hadn't seen much of the north, primarily because it's such a loooong stretched out country.

I must say though, so many times during the trip I was in total AWE of how beautiful it is. Just waking up and witnessing the nature outside is unforgettable. Also; FREE CAMPING!

Everything else is expensive as hell though :headbang

Yeah I have a friend who lives in Bergen, he always says how expensive everything is. Free camping might balance that out :) How cold was it on your trip?

Not at all lucky weather wise, but hey, I'm Norwegian and used to it :happy Between 10-16c degrees.

Beautiful!

10-16c That is pretty nice,o_O for a Brit that is like our summer if you add some rain ;)

I once camped in Cumbria in England and got snowed in. Still it was only -3 and blizzards so not as cold as a Norwegian winter, other than being stuck and unable to leave it wasn't too bad. ;)

http://www.warwickshirephotographer.com/roadtrip-report-wasdale-t25/

We are going back this year in my new beach but in summer :D

Excellent post :thumb

I wanna go there! But the price of beer is prohibitive I believe :D

We're going to Norway in september, can't wait!

Beautiful!

10-16c That is pretty nice,o_O for a Brit that is like our summer if you add some rain ;)

I once camped in Cumbria in England and got snowed in. Still it was only -3 and blizzards so not as cold as a Norwegian winter, other than being stuck and unable to leave it wasn't too bad. ;)

http://www.warwickshirephotographer.com/roadtrip-report-wasdale-t25/

We are going back this year in my new beach but in summer :D
We had a wedgie like yours, 1984 water cooled VW Devon Moonraker ... after having a split and a bay it was great having a proper heater that didn't choke you with exhaust fumes :D

WOW! Just admiring those shots. Some corkers there. I've moved to Norway now with my partner who's Norwegian. We went around the south last year because she's from the north and had never been round the southern parts. We've just bought our first Norwegian California now and We cant wait to get out in it and up to Nordkapp. We live in Beiarn so its a good start northwards. I'm itching to get out after seeing those shots :)

Having done Norkapp this year. See here http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/countdown-begins.10091/
2016 it's California in USA without the Van and Florence and France with the Van and then 2017 I'm going to retrace my route to Sweden to the crossroads in mid Sweden and turn Left for Bodo in Norway and travel back down through Norway to the South and then into Sweden and then The Bridge to Copenhagen. Plan to travel end of May / June.

Having done Norkapp this year. See here http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/countdown-begins.10091/
2016 it's California in USA without the Van and Florence and France with the Van and then 2017 I'm going to retrace my route to Sweden to the crossroads in mid Sweden and turn Left for Bodo in Norway and travel back down through Norway to the South and then into Sweden and then The Bridge to Copenhagen. Plan to travel end of May / June.
You can pop in when you come through Bodo :)

Thank you.
When I was up at Nordkapp my son was in Bodo, as part of the Nato Exercise, making a lot of noise in his RAF Tornado.:thumb

Thank you.
When I was up at Nordkapp my son was in Bodo, as part of the Nato Exercise, making a lot of noise in his RAF Tornado.:thumb
Fantastic. Aye that airport is quite busy for military jets taking off. I was in hostpital there for the best part of 2 weeks for the birth of my son and it was fantastic watching all the F-16's taking off each day. The dont half make a racket when they all set off at the same time. The national air museum is there too. That's a must see if you come through. Its got come cracking military and civilian aircraft there.

Will do. Thank you.:thumb

Those are just fantastic pictures ...

Norway is on my must-do list ....

image.jpeg Fantastic pictures. I love Norway.

We got engaged on this Bridge. Just after my wife said yes a lemming ran over the bridge and jumped of the other side; not a good omen!

Poor thing must have realised there was no longer any chance of winning her love :(

Reactions: Sab