Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not another mattress post!

dripster

dripster

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I know this subject has been done to death, and I think I've read most of them, but humour me!

Our Beach doesn't have the VW mattress, which looks very versatile in the way it covers different bed configurations, and ideally I'd stumble upon one of those on sale here. But assuming I go for another (cheaper) option, do all the aftermarket ones need the multiflex 'cushion' underneath at the back to level it out, or do some come will a thicker rear third so you don't need that?I

Sorry for such a newb question, but most of the stuff I'd read was about relative merits of different mattress/toppers rather than how they fitted.

Ian

I know this subject has been done to death, and I think I've read most of them, but humour me!

Our Beach doesn't have the VW mattress, which looks very versatile in the way it covers different bed configurations, and ideally I'd stumble upon one of those on sale here. But assuming I go for another (cheaper) option, do all the aftermarket ones need the multiflex 'cushion' underneath at the back to level it out, or do some come will a thicker rear third so you don't need that?I

Sorry for such a newb question, but most of the stuff I'd read was about relative merits of different mattress/toppers rather than how they fitted.

Ian
I have the Vanessa mattress and I can confirm that you do need the cushion to make it level.

I went for the comfortz mattress and very comfortable (For us) in the 2 rear bench beach and yes it does need the cushioning on the multi. It is thin enough when folded it doesn’t interfere with the Vanessa window bags. However I haven’t used any other mattress so can’t compare. If you are missing the cushioning on the multi maybe you can fashion something out of memory foam to replace that bit?

Ian

The Ocean mattress comes with a thicker third section for the rear. Not sure about the Beach though.

Not aware of any aftermarket that come in the thicker third section design.

For our Ocean, we have bought a thinner section that stays on top of the rear parcel shelf (similar to the multiflex board) which gives us a flat surface enables us to use any mattress. I suspect this is the route many take as that affords the use of different mattresses.

Back