Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

number plate lights

T

tedgina

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just noticed my number plate lights stay on very dim only can see them when it is dark when all else is turned off on 2017 ocean any ideas?

Just noticed my number plate lights stay on very dim only can see them when it is dark when all else is turned off on 2017 ocean any ideas?
I'm sure I've heard of this somewhere on here before. I don't know how you do those link things though. Have you tried a search?

How did you do that?

It seems to be an anomaly. No firm answers as to why it’s happening yet. No flat batteries suffered so far so I’m not fussed :thumb

New Cali Ocean here, I have noticed my number plates lights are on too. I have full led lighting but I can see a tiny light on both bulbs.

If your lights are LED, the Body Control Unit (BCU) sends a signal to the lights via the CanBus system all of the time. It may be this making them glow? It is a very low current so it should not drain the engine battery.

I tried changing the reversing lights on our car for Cree LED bulbs. The vehicle computer flashed them constantly so the bulbs went back. Apparently there is a fix which means putting a resistor inline with the bulb, but I was not prepared to do that.

Alan

If your lights are LED, the Body Control Unit (BCU) sends a signal to the lights via the CanBus system all of the time. It may be this making them glow? It is a very low current so it should not drain the engine battery.

I tried changing the reversing lights on our car for Cree LED bulbs. The vehicle computer flashed them constantly so the bulbs went back. Apparently there is a fix which means putting a resistor inline with the bulb, but I was not prepared to do that.

Alan
I thought it was because I was connected to the campsite power at the time.

As the lights are supplied from the engine battery the likelihood of them being affected by the site's mains power I would say is very remote. Did you unplug the van when you noticed this by any chance?

Alan

As the lights are supplied from the engine battery the likelihood of them being affected by the site's mains power I would say is very remote. Did you unplug the van when you noticed this by any chance?

Alan
No the van was still on campsite power when I noticed the tiny white lights on both led's. But I am going to check my van at night anyway see if they are the same.

Back