Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Number plate lights

zerofour

zerofour

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our number plate lights seem to emit a faint glow even when the driving lights are switched off (non LED T6 Ocean), but they don't seem to do it all the time as I've only noticed it when we're camping. Is this normal?

Have you got the extended lights package with the lights built into the tailgate on the inside? if they are on they illuminate the inside of the tailgate where the chairs fit & don't think there is a solid back to the numberplate lights. Would explain why its only when camping etc

Have you got the extended lights package with the lights built into the tailgate on the inside? if they are on they illuminate the inside of the tailgate where the chairs fit & don't think there is a solid back to the numberplate lights. Would explain why its only when camping etc
I don't think we have the extended lights pack but we do have interior lights in the tail gate although I don't think these were on as they are only used when reading in bed. I will double check though, thanks.

I noticed the same thing. When I get out of the car during the night, they are lightly lit.
I have not yet understood the circumstances under which this happens.
In our case, we do not have either LED headlights, but the plate lighting is well with LED's.

I've got LEDs and still noticed the number plate lights illuminating faintly when camping.

I've got LEDs and still noticed the number plate lights illuminating faintly when camping.
I noticed the same thing. When I get out of the car during the night, they are lightly lit.
I have not yet understood the circumstances under which this happens.
In our case, we do not have either LED headlights, but the plate lighting is well with LED's.
Our number plate lights seem to emit a faint glow even when the driving lights are switched off (non LED T6 Ocean), but they don't seem to do it all the time as I've only noticed it when we're camping. Is this normal?
Are you on Mains Hookup when this happens?

What happens if you unplug the Mains Lead?

There is probably a small voltage permanently to all lights so ecu can tell if the lights work & if not alert driver by a warning light.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back