Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Number Plate - To hide or not to hide?

Have removed your number from my van now.... Sorry couldn't resist. Think lots of issues could come up as well as speeding driving off without paying fuel tolls etc. Wonder how you can prove it is not you if it happens.

My van has things in the windscreen that a copycat would struggle to duplicate. plus I have colour coding on the front now. :)

Should be quite east to disprove, the only vehicle that looks like a Cali is a Cali. ie roof design, privacy windows all round, sliding door position. etc.

It's easy to obtain the VIN number if you have the registration. VW let's you do this with the dieselgate scandal checker!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/emissionsinfo

I also got a registration plate made up from a seller on eBay. No V5C check. Posted next day. Was a bit surprised.

Eddie you can always use our bucket if you are having a problem ( but you can keep the bucket):thumb

Latest...... Police contact me to say it was one of those neighbourhood speeding team set ups and on investigating they had logged my numberplate in error........

Police contact me to say it was one of those neighbourhood speeding team set ups and on investigating they had logged my numberplate in error..

should have gone to spec savers :D

Some years ago a friend of mine got a call at home in Dorset from Bristol Police "Do you have a blue Asra reg number .............?"
She told them yes, it was at work with her husband. They asked if she could get her husband to confirm that, so she rang him at work then rang them back to say yes, he could see it in the car park from his office window. When she asked what it was about they said a vehicle matching it had been used in a robbery in Bristol, but it clearly wasn't theirs as there hadn't been time to drive from Bristol to Dorset. Never heard any more.

As to hiding the number plate in online photos, I don't see the point.

Some years ago a friend of mine got a call at home in Dorset from Bristol Police "Do you have a blue Asra reg number .............?"
She told them yes, it was at work with her husband. They asked if she could get her husband to confirm that, so she rang him at work then rang them back to say yes, he could see it in the car park from his office window. When she asked what it was about they said a vehicle matching it had been used in a robbery in Bristol, but it clearly wasn't theirs as there hadn't been time to drive from Bristol to Dorset. Never heard any more.

As to hiding the number plate in online photos, I don't see the point.
Probably a partial number taken and police were narrowing down the options.

Mike

Pretty sure if it was a civilian manning the speed camera they can't legally issue any tickets anyway, they can only issue a warning letter or at least thats how they do it by me.

My wife had one number plate stolen from her car (not Cali) whilst parked. We think only one because she disturbed the thief though she didn't notice anything suspicious until she got home and I asked what happened to the plate.

Charles

Back