Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Number Two's

Kirk

Kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Who uses their toilet for number two's? When we purchased our Thetford I put a zero tolerance on number 2's but when emptying it was obvious someone was breaking the rules. The wife thinks number 2's should be allowed ( she does not empty it ) I am now worried I am being too harsh?

What is your toilet policy?

If you got to go you got to go it is all about control. And if you got to go - Better in the Thetford than the sink, after all, your Thetford is a toilet and if it is only for a pee should have got a bucket.

Who uses their toilet for number two's? When we purchased our Thetford I put a zero tolerance on number 2's but when emptying it was obvious someone was breaking the rules. The wife thinks number 2's should be allowed ( she does not empty it ) I am now worried I am being too harsh?

What is your toilet policy?
Adults have always used on site facilities for big jobs, toddler grandchildren are another matter completely.

If you got to go you got to go it is all about control. And if you got to go - Better in the Thetford than the sink, after all, your Thetford is a toilet and if it is only for a pee should have got a bucket.
Agree, no point having the loo if you don't use it to its full potential, otherwise a bucket will do!

It does if the Thetford is stored in the Kitchen Cupboard.:oops:

Can never understand the rational behind that.

How many people have the toilet in their Bedroom or Kitchen at home, never mind the California?:Nailbiting

My gran used to keep a ceramic potty under her bed. I can remember her shouting at my grandfather for taking a dump in it during the middle of the night and not emptying it!

Why would you even need a Thetford if restricted to taking a leak?

Wide neck, screwed top washing liquid bottle works fine, with or without She-Pee as required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you even need a Thetford if restricted to taking a leak?
Wide neck, screwed top washing liquid bottle works fine, with or without She-Pee as required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Mrs bought a "She-Pee". She tested it in the shower and promptly pissed all over her leg!
It promptly found its way to the bin

My Mrs bought a "She-Pee". She tested it in the shower and promptly pissed all over her leg!
It promptly found its way to the bin

Thanks for the tip. No disasters so far, but I’ll send her out of the van in future just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, else what's the point?! We try to be polite and not poo downstairs when the other one is in bed upstairs as it can be a bit smelly! We tend to put the loo in the toilet tent for daytime use and bring it in at night for emergencies. I've never noticed a smell from the Thetford when it's been used and is just sitting around, the smell only happens during the process! Is that all too much info? I also find it useful to have wet wipes and nappy sacks so loads of pooey paper doesn't go into the toilet but gets bagged up and binned.

I've got to be honest, in 20 years of "splittie" ownership and now 4 weeks of Cali ownership we've never found the need for a toilet in the van. Period.

We go away most weekends and whether in a camp site or wild camping it's never been a problem.

Need a dump wild camping? Dig a cat-hole.
On site? Use their facilities

My gran used to keep a ceramic potty under her bed. I can remember her shouting at my grandfather for taking a dump in it during the middle of the night and not emptying it!
Necessary with an outside loo. Used to be called the gazunder, as it "goes under" the bed.

Bog in a Bag, in a toilet tent. Very, very rarely inside.

Definitely no number 2's.
Apart from once in an emergency. The Thetford was emptied as soon as we got to the campsite. Job done....

So people really sit on these things in a cali while they park their breakfast and read the paper? And then when finished put it in the cupboard under the sink complete with bog beaver laid in there gnashing at the lid trying to get out? Strange

Is it like a turd burglar

“ if you need a shite... use the toilet on site !”

Not sure what the fuss is about. For when not on site we have a trowel (metal, not one of those pathetic plastic things) capable of digging a hole in most ground - dig, turd, turf and you're done. Was nobody on here a scout or Woodcraft Folk?

Dyb, Dyb, Dyb......

Not sure what the fuss is about. For when not on site we have a trowel (metal, not one of those pathetic plastic things) capable of digging a hole in most ground - dig, turd, turf and you're done. Was nobody on here a scout or Woodcraft Folk?

Dyb, Dyb, Dyb......

A trowel ...... we would need a jcb