morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi
The 15 plate Cali we pick up next Saturday
Has a private plate on it GB05 MAP
He used to work in ordinance survey mapping
Wonder if I could get more that the £80 it costs to take it off and revert to original plate ?
Not realty a fan of private plates unless it’s a good copy of a name I could get that
?

Put it on EBAY for £500 or offers & see what happens. Not an auction (bidding) but instant sell for 30 days listing. You could also say that buyer pays transfer fee.

I´ve seen loads of dodgy looking number plates in the
UK.
Letters and numbers squashed up and numbers made to look like
letters,different fonts used, strategically placed screws,german pressed plates,

it seems that anything goes.
Does plod not bother these days ?

I´ve seen loads of dodgy looking number plates in the
UK.
Letters and numbers squashed up and numbers made to look like
letters,different fonts used, strategically placed screws,german pressed plates,

it seems that anything goes.
Does plod not bother these days ?
Simple answer is yes.

They are getting tough as it causes problems with the NPR cameras.

The vehicle can be impounded and an on the spot fine issued.
normally a warning is given with a Police record made and a repeat stop will be with the above action.

If you look at these plates you'll notice no manufacturer's details which makes the plates illegal and opens up the legal process.

When DVLA sell plates it states that no change of spacing or type face is permitted which the opurchaser has to agree to before purchase, another legal action point.

You could keep it on. It's easy to remember for each time you check into a campsite and will start some interesting conversations Also makes your van look older so could help prevent it being nicked.

Simple answer is yes.

They are getting tough as it causes problems with the NPR cameras.

The vehicle can be impounded and an on the spot fine issued.
normally a warning is given with a Police record made and a repeat stop will be with the above action.

If you look at these plates you'll notice no manufacturer's details which makes the plates illegal and opens up the legal process.

When DVLA sell plates it states that no change of spacing or type face is permitted which the opurchaser has to agree to before purchase, another legal action point.
The plate makers get round the legislation by calling the illegal plates 'show plates', i.e. to be used only when the car is being shown at an event.

For road legal plates they are required to take the details of the vehicle owner and from the V5 document and include their own name and a plate manufactures stamp in the corner of each plate made.

Alan

Ooooh, i love it. I work with Ordnance Survey maps . If its still for sale, would happily buy that for £100 from you to cover the costs of transfer, wouod love to put that on my van.

Regards

Mark

Fair enough, if ya change your mind, let us know!

I tell ya what, i really wouod love that on my van as work with OS maps and OS equipment every day, will offer you £150 for it :thumb

Interesting
Like I say if I can sort some map decals I will keep it
We are on a site in scotland now and it keeps people guessing
Kids love it
Last time we had a Cali the 8 year old was just 1
I think it’s more fun than the coachbuilts we have had
As they are a compromise anyway

Fair enough, but i will give you my final offer of £250 then to try and coax if from you ;-D

Thanks

Mark

Back