Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OCD Roof Cleaning

• Thread starter paulzebradorset
  • Start date
paulzebradorset

paulzebradorset

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
On my second Cali in a month started with a 65 T5 Beach in natural grey and 3 seat bench. Returned back to VW Leicester after 3 or 4 issues worst being roof recal which was not picked up in Das Welt check! So we now have a 68 T6 beach (2 seat bench) in Black and I have spent this afternoon making the roof look as good as the rest of the van.

it’s only when you get up there you realise how bad they can get here is the result of my labour - looks like new again.0F9B67BF-35A6-49E9-BEF6-564A5E93D564.jpeg

You missed a bit...

:talktothehand I couldn’t resist it

Some may suggest a full postcode on a profile is a security risk.
esp when you click on it and it takes you right there on google maps you will be on Cali number 3 soon

On my second Cali in a month started with a 65 T5 Beach in natural grey and 3 seat bench. Returned back to VW Leicester after 3 or 4 issues worst being roof recal which was not picked up in Das Welt check! So we now have a 68 T6 beach (2 seat bench) in Black and I have spent this afternoon making the roof look as good as the rest of the van.

it’s only when you get up there you realise how bad they can get here is the result of my labour - looks like new again.View attachment 62260
Looks boss. We have the 2 seater, love it.

Welcome but please change your location or your van might not be there in the morning. Less is more. :welcome

Wow, seriously nice cleaning job! Looks beautiful.

I like to keep the roof clean, it's possibly a sign of madness, it's sure not an easy job.
If I keep it nice and clean, I hope it will return the favour by not corroding on me! You also never know when someone is on the balcony taking pictures of passing vehicles, and you want to look your best.

One thing looking seeing the picture of your wonderfully shiny black roof is, don't ever get seduced into buying a black California. The work!

I like to keep the roof clean, it's possibly a sign of madness, it's sure not an easy job.
If I keep it nice and clean, I hope it will return the favour by not corroding on me! You also never know when someone is on the balcony taking pictures of passing vehicles, and you want to look your best.

One thing looking seeing the picture of your wonderfully shiny black roof is, don't ever get seduced into buying a black California. The work!
Not madness at all. Why would you not clean the roof of a £60 k vehicle?
Well done it looks great and yes it is awkward to do at the least!

Looking good, I'm impressed.

I must admit that I don't polish the roof, but I do make a point of keeping it clean. Especially cleaning round the rubber and in the the water chanels underneath the elevating roof to keep the build up of crud at bay. But having seen these lovely polished ones, I think that I may give it a try. You've made me feel guilty of neglect.

Good effort. Perhaps a little breakdown on how you did it would help others. It’s a real pain in the a**e to clean!

Great effort...
Can you pop round and do mine please :D

I clean ours every time I clean the rest of the vehicle (every couple of weeks, max). I use some old step ladders that have a large flat top to place my bucket and one foot. I sometimes feel a little vulnerable reaching over the roof with my sponge or drying towel, particularly when it is windy, but always feel pleased that I have done it. It also gets a clay/polish/wax twice a year. Now that can be a real b*ll ache to do!

Back