Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat colour assistance

Grey one

Grey one

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Assistance please. First Beach on order but long delivery date allows changes to specification. I am thinking of changing from 3 bench seat in the darker Kutamo (black) fabric to 2 bench seat. The 2 bench only comes in the lighter coloured Pillion (beige) fabric. Van only to be used by 2 adults but I fear the lighter colour may get dirty quickly. Any views on the longevity of lighter trims or the value of the 'lifeshine' products that get sold with new campers?

Assistance please. First Beach on order but long delivery date allows changes to specification. I am thinking of changing from 3 bench seat in the darker Kutamo (black) fabric to 2 bench seat. The 2 bench only comes in the lighter coloured Pillion (beige) fabric. Van only to be used by 2 adults but I fear the lighter colour may get dirty quickly. Any views on the longevity of lighter trims or the value of the 'lifeshine' products that get sold with new campers?

I prefer the look of the light colour but have three young children what should I do...

Lifeshine gives some protection and a warranty, but there are always seat covers.

Three kids... Seating arrangement is probably a bigger issue - there seat bench may be more flexible which is dark only I believe.

Hi, I have had a 3 bench Beach in the lighter fabric for 2 months having changed the order from dark to light as the 'lighter' internal feel appealed. 2 adults only. The overall vehicle feel is one of brightness in the lighter compared to the dark. There is no doubt however that it is much more likely to show marks. Having said that, dirt is dirt and it will go on all fabrics regardless of colour so is it better to have it there but not be able to see it so much as it will in effect still be there? For me I took the approach of protecting the fabric. Having researched the world of fabric protection, I went for a company called G Technique and used their 'smart fabric I1' product (along with a host of their other detailing products). It's early days but it appears it do what it says on the tin and in effect waterproofs the fabric. Time will tell. Have a look at their web site. That should deal with day to day stains. For wet weather camping I have the recently released VW waterproof covers (5 seats for £211) but you could argue seats dry out regardless. It's really down to personal choice. It was a brand new vehicle so I was a bit precious about it but as the weeks pass I realise it's a functional vehicle and there is a balance to be struck between practicality and showroom condition. In summary, choose the colour you like and do what you can to protect it without worrying too much?

Ours is the dark colour and we love it. I use the Autoglym fabric cleaner that was recommended by others on this forum if it ever needs cleaning. It's very smart and less likely to show marks compared to the lighter fabric.

We have three kids and the lighter colour fabric. It WILL mark more but we find it's a lovely light and pleasant place to be in. I think that outweighs the grubby marks that will be made from time to time. It's a whole lot cheerier to be inside (especially on darker winter days). It's a taste thing but for us the darker interior feels a lot more executive people carrier rather than fun holiday machine.
We have no regrets on having the light grey.

I've got 3 young kids with the light grey fabric and it's a bad combination!

The fabric seems to mark very easily and mine does look quite grubby.

Although I much prefer the look of the light interior, if I were to order again, I would go dark.

We have two young boys and two dogs. Our vehicle is the 3 seat bench Beach with the darker fabric. Our first weekend away was a wet three nights near Swanage. Boys, dogs muck and mud went everywhere inside. We are now resolved to buy some nice seat covers that can be simply removed and washed as required.

http://www.jackyards.com/

We put Jackyard covers on our van back in 2012 and when we sold the van in 2016 the seats fabric looked as good as new, Our kids are adults and using the van as a camper,muddy walks, sandy beaches and cooking and eating the seats will get subject to more risks than many a car. So for us it is not to worry about the colour as we cover them. We choose the colour of the seat covers.

We put Jackyard covers on our van back in 2012 and when we sold the van in 2016 the seats fabric looked as good as new, Our kids are adults and using the van as a camper,muddy walks, sandy beaches and cooking and eating the seats will get subject to more risks than many a car. So for us it is not to worry about the colour as we cover them. We choose the colour of the seat covers.
At over £1000 for a set for a 7-seat beach, the price of Jackyard's covers is a bit daunting. But they are fun covers that will last, and preserve the original seat. I paid my deposit yesterday for grey tweed covers with a red tweed stripe and back edgings. I am just waiting for confirmation that the seat covers for the two integrated child seats will work when the seats are in adult mode. I do not yet know how I will protect them when they are in child mode.

At over £1000 for a set for a 7-seat beach,
Wow - have you factored in club discount?
Having said that ours have moved from our T5 to our T6 and with a yearly wash look good as new now. So should be ok for when I get a T7 (as long as they fit) then will use as my coffin flag.

Wow - have you factored in club discount?
No - with the club discount I'll get £2.50 change from £1,000. £420-5% for the front seats, headrests and armrests; £350-5% for the triple bench including headrests; £320-5% for the two middle row seats.

It's a big cash outlay, but they will enhance the character of our van, something that non-bespoke covers could never do, and as you imply, last a very long time.

Thanks everyone for you input, can anyone comment on the rest of the light interior walls floor etc does the light mark more than the dark? Or is it easily cleaned

Thanks everyone for you input, can anyone comment on the rest of the light interior walls floor etc does the light mark more than the dark? Or is it easily cleaned

The floor does get dirty but cleans up pretty easily.. looks great when clean. All panels are fine.

Back