Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean 4motion carpet mats.

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Just wondering if anyone has picked up a T6 4motion (with 2 floor rails) and managed to find a suitable carpet set. I don't think QTM make the 2 rail versions for the T6 yet. Are there any other suppliers that I should look at?

Many thanks. Dan.

Just wondering if anyone has picked up a T6 4motion (with 2 floor rails) and managed to find a suitable carpet set. I don't think QTM make the 2 rail versions for the T6 yet. Are there any other suppliers that I should look at?

Many thanks. Dan.
The rear and main area of the T6 is the same as the T5. The front carpet is the same in the T6 and T5 apart from the carpet fixing clips which MIGHT be different as I have not personally checked.
The rear and middle carpets do not have any fixing clips .

Response from QTM this week...

Unfortunately we don’t yet have the 2 rail version profile.
Something we will be working on, but i can’t give an estimated eta on it.

Yes, I have gone for the Branbrup ones. They are very nice but a touch overpriced.

Just to add. My brandrup mats are T5 mats and they fit my T6 perfectly.

I have put a QTM carpet in the middle section of my new 2 rail 4Motion. Fits well and looks good. Can't speak for the front carpet as I have opted for the monster mat at the moment.

I have put a QTM carpet in the middle section of my new 2 rail 4Motion. Fits well and looks good. Can't speak for the front carpet as I have opted for the monster mat at the moment.
Sounds like a plan. As I understand it issue with T6 2 rail is the clips for the front mats? Can therefore I presume order the middle and rear mats and big rubber mats for the front.

Mike

Sounds like a plan. As I understand it issue with T6 2 rail is the clips for the front mats? Can therefore I presume order the middle and rear mats and big rubber mats for the front.

Mike
Yes.

Are the carpet clips different between a 3 and a 2 rail on a T6? I thought it was just between the T5 and T6 the clips changed. QTM do have a front mat for a T6 but it's in a set for a 3 rail van.

The rear and main area of the T6 is the same as the T5. The front carpet is the same in the T6 and T5 apart from the carpet fixing clips which MIGHT be different as I have not personally checked.
The rear and middle carpets do not have any fixing clips .

Just emailed QTM and asked if they could supply the two rear pieces of carpet for the two rail T5 and the front carpet for the T6. Seems that the rear ones are definitely different on the T6. Got this reply back.

"Hi,
Unfortunately the 2 rail T5 set doesn’t fit the T6 2 rail.
We tested it with a customer who thought they were the same.
The front mat is actually the same though"

Oh well you live and learn, but I don't think they are correct.:thumb

Just emailed QTM and asked if they could supply the two rear pieces of carpet for the two rail T5 and the front carpet for the T6. Seems that the rear ones are definitely different on the T6. Got this reply back.

"Hi,
Unfortunately the 2 rail T5 set doesn’t fit the T6 2 rail.
We tested it with a customer who thought they were the same.
The front mat is actually the same though"
I ordered the T6 front and T5 middle and Chris at QTM emailed to say that the middle wouldn't fit and suggested cancelling that part of the order. Good service. They could've easily let the order go and said 'well you ordered a T5 mat for a T6!'

I agree and found them really helpful. Just have to wait for a dedicated T6 set now.

QTM T6 front set arrived today and fits great. Monster mats over the top for now as it's still wet. The monsters can't clip in too but don't seem to slip.

Fingers crossed they get the rear ones sorted soon.

Quick ? Aidy but do the monster mats clip in without other carpets. I presume not required to as fairly weighty.

Mike

I dont understand whats different in the back between a T5 and T6 the rails are the same, the cupboards are the same so what could be different?

I feel a price rise coming on!

Quick ? Aidy but do the monster mats clip in without other carpets. I presume not required to as fairly weighty.

Mike
They do clip in without other carpets Mike. Yes, they are weighty so hopefully won't move around. I have a DSG too so 'lazy feet'!

I have the T5 middle carpet from QTM which fits the 2 rail T6 perfectly, or so I thought until the comments from QTM restated on here that it didn't fit the T6. I asked them to tell me 'how' it didn't fit correctly as it looked fine to me. I got a response today from QTM :

"I don’t physically know in what way it doesn’t fit correctly. I don’t get to see inside vehicles, just see the shapes of mats.I just know from a previous customer who “tested” it reported it didn’t fit correctly".

I have said that I will send them some photographs of my middle mat in place as I am not convinced, like some others on here, that there actually is a difference and it might save them some unnecessary re tooling. Unless of course the previous QTM customer who tested the mat is on here and can tell me what I am missing. I must get out more.

I have a full set of T5 QTM mats fitted in my T6 4motion. They all fit perfectly!
I only received them yesterday, I fitted them straight away and I'm really pleased with them.

I have a full set of T5 QTM mats fitted in my T6 4motion. They all fit perfectly!
I only received them yesterday, I fitted them straight away and I'm really pleased with them.
Have they got the same product release team as VW

Edit: Probably a bit unfair as reading back it appears a customer has told them they don't fit.

Mike

Last edited:

I see that QTM offer T5 carpets with either oval or round locators. Can you tell me which ones your T6 is fitted with?

Yes!

I see that QTM offer T5 carpets with either oval or round locators. Can you tell me which ones your T6 is fitted with?
You need the round ones. These are the snap on type.

I have a full set of QTM 2-Rail mats in my T6 and fit perfectly, to be honest I thought they were meant for the T6 but reading the above I must have got that wrong and just lucky.

The front clips are different but still fits as holes in the same place and no slippage so far.......