Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean 6.1 Additional Window Tints ( should i have the window removed?)

Dodge1311

Dodge1311

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi,

My new Ocean is going in to get a sun strip applied on Monday and to have some additional tinting in the rear section. I am still not sure what overall effect i am going for but i think 5% combined total ( its only two weeks old but seems to attract lots of people peering through the windows which my wife finds quite disturbing).

I was not intending to have the window behind the wardrobe done as removing it then having it rebonded seems problematic to me even though the tinter i am using seems happy enough to do it.

For anyone that has already had their van done is 5% too much, against the Palladium interior?

If you had the choice would you get the wardrobe window done or leave it as is?

Window behind wardrobe is done, adding the small window section to your tint will look right.

no need to remove anything.

I had a sunstrip done and it stops sky glare.

if you want photo's they are on another post. can hunt them out if required.

Hi,

My new Ocean is going in to get a sun strip applied on Monday and to have some additional tinting in the rear section. I am still not sure what overall effect i am going for but i think 5% combined total ( its only two weeks old but seems to attract lots of people peering through the windows which my wife finds quite disturbing).

I was not intending to have the window behind the wardrobe done as removing it then having it rebonded seems problematic to me even though the tinter i am using seems happy enough to do it.

For anyone that has already had their van done is 5% too much, against the Palladium interior?

If you had the choice would you get the wardrobe window done or leave it as is?
I have had mine done all round with 5% including the little window at the wardrobe which was done position, no need to do the glass behind the wardrobe. Comments are that it looks much better, however Mrs W says it is too dark inside, that said we have only had overcast and rainy weather... no sun yet to talk of. you can still see out well up until sunset.

IMG_4005.jpegIMG_3989.jpeg

Back