Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window tint recommendations

S

singers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm looking to get the rear and rear side windows tinted on my cali but struggling to find anywhere that does ceramic tints which I understand from the web to be the best type for quality and longevity.

I am interested others practical opinions of ceramic v other types of tints, and any recommendations for window tinting companies in Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset.

I'm looking to get the rear and rear side windows tinted on my cali but struggling to find anywhere that does ceramic tints which I understand from the web to be the best type for quality and longevity.

I am interested others practical opinions of ceramic v other types of tints, and any recommendations for window tinting companies in Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset.

Hi,

Not in your area but i went through the same process of trying to find the best installers around. I ended up taking my recommendations for the high end performance car drivers and they were all raving about these guys so i used them. https://www.teamvalleytinting.com/. Had all rear windows done and a sunstrip, i cannot find any fault with them and lifetime guarantee on the film against colour fading/distortion. I went as close to 5% as possible without it getting too dark in side, i think it worked out as adding 20% to the already tinted Ocean windows. Now it is much cooler inside on sunny days, visibility is absolutely fine during the day looking inside-out, but you cannot see in without pressing your nose to the glass, which was exactly what i was hoping to achieve.

It doesn't take too long to do, I think it was about 3 hours in total and that included me looking inside various customers cars with different tint levels before i made the final decision, they basically used a light meter and measured the light in the car i likes then matched mine to that.

I have already had two people stop to ask where i had it done so they could go there as well. I am sure you will have someone local to you that offers the same.

Hi,

Not in your area but i went through the same process of trying to find the best installers around. I ended up taking my recommendations for the high end performance car drivers and they were all raving about these guys so i used them. https://www.teamvalleytinting.com/. Had all rear windows done and a sunstrip, i cannot find any fault with them and lifetime guarantee on the film against colour fading/distortion. I went as close to 5% as possible without it getting too dark in side, i think it worked out as adding 20% to the already tinted Ocean windows. Now it is much cooler inside on sunny days, visibility is absolutely fine during the day looking inside-out, but you cannot see in without pressing your nose to the glass, which was exactly what i was hoping to achieve.

It doesn't take too long to do, I think it was about 3 hours in total and that included me looking inside various customers cars with different tint levels before i made the final decision, they basically used a light meter and measured the light in the car i likes then matched mine to that.

I have already had two people stop to ask where i had it done so they could go there as well. I am sure you will have someone local to you that offers the same.
Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear your experience, just a shame team valley tinting are not closer!
Do you know what sort of tint they used on your Ocean?

Back