Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean Badge

M

Mike59

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all. I have been looking at buying a California for about a year and with the help of all the great advise on this forum I have finally gone and done it. I have bought a 2016 VW California Ocean which I pickup next Tuesday.
But there is something that has been bugging me, on all the other VW Oceans that I have seen they have the word Ocean on both sides at the rear but the one I am buying hasn't it has the California badge on the tailgate and every thing else you would expect on an VW Ocean. Does anyone else have a VW Ocean that doesn't have the word Ocean on the side? I am not that bothered about I just wondered why this one hasn't go it.

It’s only a sticker somebody may of pulled it off
You would be able to purchase one from a main vw dealer

Hi all. I have been looking at buying a California for about a year and with the help of all the great advise on this forum I have finally gone and done it. I have bought a 2016 VW California Ocean which I pickup next Tuesday.
But there is something that has been bugging me, on all the other VW Oceans that I have seen they have the word Ocean on both sides at the rear but the one I am buying hasn't it has the California badge on the tailgate and every thing else you would expect on an VW Ocean. Does anyone else have a VW Ocean that doesn't have the word Ocean on the side? I am not that bothered about I just wondered why this one hasn't go it.
Is there any evidence of a respray or maybe a vinyl wrap covering? I am assuming that you have done checks on the vehicle and already confirmed it is a california and a T6.

It’s part of the options when buying new to have the stickers or not!
That would make sense, I didn't think of that as I don't recall that option for MY17. I can only remember the option for the van to be de-badged which including the california badge which is present on the van in question.

you can buy them debadged. even without california on the back. but if it's a t5 the word ocean wasn't on there. any pics for us to help with?

Thanks for your help. It is definitely a t6 Ocean as it was first registered in December 2016 and it said it is an Ocean in the checks I did. I think that they were left off from new for some reason.

How does the side indicator look like?

A)
7ad3099e0583e76719a2e4253f81411e.png

or

B)
80ee40fd78dc022d69725c2f5b1bf9bd.png

Then it’s a T6 and the badge was just removed....

Hi - My T6 16 Ocean was specced ONA - without model designation badge, with badge for engine designation