Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Will there be a California Ocean 150PS 4MOTION with DSG?

Ian66

Ian66

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for letting me join - I'm new here and looking to buy a T6 Ocean soon. I've been browsing the forums here and found many of your posts very useful - thank you!

Having searched the site, I can't find any previous posts here that address my latest question though - so I hope this one hasn't already been covered elsewhere (apologies if it has!)

I've concluded that my 'perfect' California might be an 'Ocean, 2.0TDI 150PS EU6 4MOTION BMT 7-speed DSG', but... typically for me, they don't seem to exist! :headbang :rolleyes:

From what I can see, the T6 Ocean seem to only come in 204PS with 4MOTION and DSG, which is way too big and expensive for me!

Does anyone know why there isn't a 150PS EU6 4MOTION DSG Ocean model listed in the UK? VW seem to have them as T6 Transporters - so why not the California? Are VW planning on introducing them sometime maybe?

If not - then my dilemma will then be whether to go for the 150PS 4MOTION manual, or the 150PS DSG :confused:

Any pointers would be gratefully received! :thumb

Regards

Ian :)

Hi and welcome on your first post ,
is it not in the UK brochure ? Think it is in the european (German) brochure i got.
2,0l TDI BMT 4 motion DSG 110kw(150bhp)

image.jpeg

Ian is correct the 150/4wd/7dsg is not an option in the UK. Not sure why VW decree it so.
Hello BTW.

Thanks everyone! :thumb

Yeah, I've seen that Euro-spec somewhere, which is partly why I was confused about the listed UK options. I'm sure there's a reason why they've not launched it here; I wonder if it's linked to why they've not launched the California Coast here either? Is it a road-tax / insurance grouping thing perhaps? We'll probably never know :( lol

I'm a manual driver but drawn by the apparent fuel economy and UK road tax benefits of the DSG - but on balance, given the limited choices in the 150PS, I do feel more drawn to the 4Motion - given the places I'm likely to take it; I'd just hoped to have had both options in the one vehicle I suppose :)

...I'm a manual driver but drawn by the apparent fuel economy and UK road tax benefits of the DSG - but on balance, given the limited choices in the 150PS, I do feel more drawn to the 4Motion - given the places I'm likely to take it; :)

Hi Ian.

I agree with you for the go off-road appeal. If I had to choose, I'd tick the 4Motion box.
DSG is brilliant & something that you constantly get the use out of, so probably better value really!
Head says DSG, heart says 4Motion.

Cheers

You would enjoy the benefit of DSG every time you drive the van. When do you really need 4 wheel drive? Sure, if money was no object I'd have both, but if it's a choice then a DSG gearbox is fab - great on fuel economy, zippy on the road and relaxing to drive.

... Just to say that VW have confirmed they don't intend to introduce the 150 4Motion DSG to the UK, because their marketing people don't think it would be popular here. At least I know now :)

Understandable. Now if someone can just explain why we can't have the Coast variant please. As a Luddite the option of an Ocean without the complex roof would be just my cup of tea.

Understandable. Now if someone can just explain why we can't have the Coast variant please. As a Luddite the option of an Ocean without the complex roof would be just my cup of tea.
Me too - although I strongly suspect its simply a pricing issue... If you look at the price ranges of all the models in Europe, compared to the UK, they'd struggle to get them all in without pricing the top of the range model out of saleable reach of their California Demographic, or not make the profits they desire at the bottom end of the price range. In that sort of world, its inevitably the mid-range models that's the most likely to be dropped - after all, like for any business, they're actually in it to make profits, not to serve all of their prospective customers.

Back