Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean T6 Central Control Panel // 1000 fault mess

A

AlexD

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hello everyone,

I have an issue about the roof tent and actually for the entire central control unit.

Long story short, seeing the behavior from the last 2 times staying in the camping without aux power supply, only the batteries and the solar panel, the control unit is showing that message with roof open( 1000 fault in diagnosis) , stopping the fridge + aux heater and also the inverter is not working anymore.

Last time when this happens, I have closed the roof manually, by releasing the pressure in the hidraulic system of the roof. Fault 1000 was still present . I couldn’t delete this, until I have disconnect both leisure batteries: the one from the drawer and the one under driver seat( living in Germany, so driving on the right side of the road).

I have 2 questions about this:

1. Why should be the reason of this failure 1000 appears, supposed that the batteries are getting dry…
2. I would like to locate the fuse of the central control unit… I have try already behind the bottle holder … no chance to reset it ( @Loz I see you active on this topic)

Currently in a camping in Croatia.

Thanks for helping

Hello everyone,

I have an issue about the roof tent and actually for the entire central control unit.

Long story short, seeing the behavior from the last 2 times staying in the camping without aux power supply, only the batteries and the solar panel, the control unit is showing that message with roof open( 1000 fault in diagnosis) , stopping the fridge + aux heater and also the inverter is not working anymore.

Last time when this happens, I have closed the roof manually, by releasing the pressure in the hidraulic system of the roof. Fault 1000 was still present . I couldn’t delete this, until I have disconnect both leisure batteries: the one from the drawer and the one under driver seat( living in Germany, so driving on the right side of the road).

I have 2 questions about this:

1. Why should be the reason of this failure 1000 appears, supposed that the batteries are getting dry…
2. I would like to locate the fuse of the central control unit… I have try already behind the bottle holder … no chance to reset it ( @Loz I see you active on this topic)

Currently in a camping in Croatia.

Thanks for helping
Normally the 1000 fault is related to the Halle sensors which are positioned on each end of the Hydraulic rams and sense the position of the piston, fully Up or fully Down. If one or more fails you get the 1000 fault.
Common on older vehicles but there have been recent posts on T6s having this problem.
Normally all 4 have to be replaced . Either expensive repair by VW by replacing whole roof wiring loom as they are pre-wired or a DIY repair buying replacement BMW sensors, used on their soft tops, and replacing sensors with new ones soldering and insulating wires. Much, much cheaper.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the 1000 fault issue ia related to those sensors, but this fault is disabling all the others camp option ( heater, fridge, etc).

As for the moment I cannot replace the sensors, i would like just to reset the Central Unit from the fuse, as last time this helps me, putting all back to normal.

The problem is that I cannot find this fuse…

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the 1000 fault issue ia related to those sensors, but this fault is disabling all the others camp option ( heater, fridge, etc).

As for the moment I cannot replace the sensors, i would like just to reset the Central Unit from the fuse, as last time this helps me, putting all back to normal.

The problem is that I cannot find this fuse…
Any help? Fuse location within fuse box can vary between vehicles.

Attachments

• fuses.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
Hello all,

Yes. All the fuses were ok.

I have to summarize the behavior after fuse check.

Seems that all have been related to drying the leisure batteries…. The faults related to all the sensors in the camper side of the car ( fridge, temperature high, waste water , roof open, etc…) appears after taking out the leisure’s batteries.
Disconnecting again and cover the solar panel, letting like that for 30 min and reconnecting back solved the problem…

Now I need to check why batteries are getting dry after only 3 days of staying. 120W Solar panel on top was helping always without any issues!

Back