Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OEM Parking Heater

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi,

Just an impatient new California Beach owner here.

I just wondered what the parking heater remote function was like.... will I be able to switch the heater on from some distance from my locked van??

also, anybody out there with a beach with a parking heater, are the controls in the control panel above the drivers head, as I believe they are in the SE or somewhere else??

and finally... is the fob separate from the vehicle key, or will I have two fobs in my pocket now??

Thanks

James

redredzimmer said:
Hi,

Just an impatient new California Beach owner here.

I just wondered what the parking heater remote function was like.... will I be able to switch the heater on from some distance from my locked van??

also, anybody out there with a beach with a parking heater, are the controls in the control panel above the drivers head, as I believe they are in the SE or somewhere else??

and finally... is the fob separate from the vehicle key, or will I have two fobs in my pocket now??

Thanks

James

My California has a separate fob and we have managed to turn on the heater from about 1/4 mile away and my son from his flat on the third floor of a building with 2' thick sandstone walls ... while still in bed (a quick way of de-icing the vehicle). I think I saw a post once that claims to have switched on the heater from nearly a kilometre away as the crow flies across a valley.
Don't lose the fob they cost a lot to replace.

I think it will turn on at up to 600m but you need to be within 2m to turn it off.

Back