Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soon to be new Beach owner try to select options

A

astokelm

I am about to buy a new Beach
and to decide if I should get any of the three following options…
1-Parking heater includes programmable timer and remote control or the Parking heater with timer and auxiliary heater

2-Lane-change assist

3- Driver pack includes front and rear parking sensors, multi-function steering wheel and rain sensor with auto-dimming rear view mirror

If anyone can shear any experience with any of this options it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

I can advise on two of the three.

Drivers pack for me is an essential, the rear sensors, dimming mirrors and the steering wheel with bits on it work for me.

Lane change assist is useful, works ok, heklps take care of blindspots but I do still find myself mirror gazing and making my own decisions, - and hopefully always will.

Not sure what the heating arrangement is in the Beach but if it is the same as a full fat cali, worth every penny just for that feeling of total decadence, lying in bed snug and warm and with a press of a button having the place as warm as toast five minutes later for when the essential climbing out of bed and putting kettle on comes round.

Jen

If it was me I'd get the heater and the driver pack.

I'm thinking of a retro-fit heater but can't bring myself to put the van through the surgery (and risks) yet.

Options alway subjective but for personal use and resale if I was ordering from new.

I'd want the Parking Heater, Parking sensors and MFSW, Climtronic, Auto Wipers/Lights.

Everything else I could live with out or could be added cheaper afterwards.

But...

There's always something lol.

James

Get the parking heater and the sensors. Also consider extra seats as you can profit by selling them on here/fleabay.

I'm retrofitting a parking heater because I bought an ex-demo so couldn't spec it and whilst visibility's good and the van ends where the windows are, it's still far easier squeezing it into the inevitable gaps and negotiating the six-point turns with added beep-beeps. MFSW is great.

I've never been bothered about lane-assist as I habitually check blind spots and plan overtakes.

These are all good extras and what people will be looking for when you come to sell it.

Thank you all for the excellent advice

More generally, are there any additional factory options that you would recommend.

For example, options that you wish you had ordered; or ones you are particularly happy with.

astokelm said:
Thank you all for the excellent advice

More generally, are there any additional factory options that you would recommend.

For example, options that you wish you had ordered; or ones you are particularly happy with.

Xenons are particularly good and reversing camera is a joy ;)

James

I wish I'd had the parking heater when I ordered mine but finances were tight we've got the camping pack and driving pack on our Beach. With the camping pack we got the awning and a mattress topper that makes the downstairs bed a dream to sleep in :cool

Alasdair

Ma77sc said:
Also consider extra seats as you can profit by selling them on here/fleabay.

Not sure this is true anymore, friend is having trouble selling his 5th seat.

reserves said:
Ma77sc said:
Also consider extra seats as you can profit by selling them on here/fleabay.

Not sure this is true anymore, friend is having trouble selling his 5th seat.

Also rumours of new vans coming with 3 rails regardless of order?