Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Old to New

1954BD

1954BD

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all just ordered my first Cali and joined this Group so this is just a hello post

I go by many names but my real one is Phil ;) and i am making the transition from an old spilt to a modern Cali, I say transition i have ordered a Cali and i am keeping the split i just cant let goooooooo!!!

Have ordered:

Ocean 150PS in reflex silver
Sports Pack (inc acoustic pack)
Shower
Safe
Wood Floor effect
Little drawer and net
Extended Warranty
Interior protection and ceramic paint coating
Bed Extension

I didn't bother with the headlight or traffic sign gizmo's as this is the last bit of manual intervention i can do on my own as this is also my first auto, I chose silver as i really liked the contrast with the sports pack and all the black bits as they stand out, also i don't see many Silver Cali's out and about so maybe I will drag silver back into fashion :D. Nearly went with the Art Velours but opted not to as I really don't like leather ish seats but i wanted them just so they were easier to clean, but when i got a demo of the interior protection coating i was quite impressed so went that route.

Cali due for delivery around Dec so will be a nice Crimbo present.

I am sure i will be asking a few questions over the next few months and any recommendations are welcome,

I need to go sort insurance quotes and buy the necessary accessories to get us going, we live just outside the lake district so will be out and about lots next year

:thumb

They do look nice in silver I must admit but I’ve never seen one in the flesh only pictures on Auto Trader. Remember to post some pics when you get it.

Nice choice.
First pics I’ve seen of Silver with Sports Pack here, was waiting to see one (I’ve got an Ascot Grey w sports pack) and then 2 come along at once!
Thread 'Reflex with Sport Pack'
Don’t do what I did and fill your spare room with stuff waiting for the Cali, then spend the next 6 months working out you’ll never use it and selling stuff! Maybe restrict yourself to a gas bottle and a rainbow screens windscreen cover.
Enjoy the anticipation, they are brilliant fun.

Congratulations on your purchase ! I collected mine on Monday. It was a cancelled order, so instead of waiting till mid Dec, it had already been built and was on the way. I agree about accessories. the only ones I have bought having read the forum comments and watched endless youtube videos are:

a topper (I strongly suspect the bellows will leak, but I’ll wait for the recall instead of back to the dealer - and it will be warmer in winter)

a windscreen cover

side panels for the awning

i have a list of others which I call my “decide on experience“.

PS. Curver boxes (large I think) fit well in the cupboards. And this week, I’ve been playing “hunt the rattle“ from the utensils etc I have loaded, using pieces of foam to deaden them. The Cali itself is fine.

Todays the day for collection, a little bit excited now
Excited for you. I will always remember my first sighting at the dealership. First time I ever bought a brand new vehicle, excluding the Aprilia Tuono motorcycle I purchased in 2005.
Take lots of pics. I doubt my Cali will ever be as pristine as it was that day.

Ok I’m home and chuffed to bits with it, I have checked the bellows and they are 03S so will do a test the dealership said they would sort them no matter what the outcome. Will do an old for new phot shoot sometime in the near future. IMG_8835.jpegIMG_8837.jpegI think the sports pack works really well on the reflex silver. Happy days and Merry Crimbo

That is seriously cool!

Ok I’m home and chuffed to bits with it, I have checked the bellows and they are 03S so will do a test the dealership said they would sort them no matter what the outcome. Will do an old for new phot shoot sometime in the near future. View attachment 117330View attachment 117331I think the sports pack works really well on the reflex silver. Happy days and Merry Crimbo
Does the 03S bellows tag have the 'A' round sticker on it too?

enjoy but keep the split if you can, i still miss ours thru rose tinted spectacles

It does have the A sticker
I collected mine over a fortnight ago, it seems odd that mine has the 04S bellows yet yours sounds newer but has the 03S. Do you know when it was manufactured?

Nice looking van, I like the black wheel with the black b pillar etc.

Looks awesome, great colour choice with sports pack