Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

H

Highlandheaps

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello from Inverness, the gateway to "The North Coast 500!" - Add it to your "Bucket List." :Stig

Hi, we are planning a New California Beach and have our finger poised over the Buy button but we have one slight problem... we've not seen one yet.

Our nearest Dealership is over 2 hours away in Aberdeen and as one of our reasons for choosing a Beach is Accessibility problems we are struggling to get across to confirm whether the front passenger seat is fit for our needs; we need it to allow the occupant to rotate while in the seat with their feet unobstructed.

A very kind couple from Edinburgh, that were parked recently at the Fortrose campsite, graciously allowed me a peek into their Ocean (where I was greeted by a very friendly and rather wet Red Setter who had obviously been enjoying the nearby sandy beach, small "b") but we'd love to check out a real Beach and so to my request...

...Are there any owners, in the Inverness area, of a T6 Beach that wouldn't mind me taking a closer look at their pride and joy so we can hopefully confirm that it is exactly what we need and then go ahead get one?

Great Forum by the way, I look forward to needing all the useful info contained within.

:thanks

Welcome , as you say , maybe there's a T6 beach owner on here from arround your neighbourhood?
You could meet up!

Hello from Inverness, the gateway to "The North Coast 500!" - Add it to your "Bucket List." :Stig

Hi, we are planning a New California Beach and have our finger poised over the Buy button but we have one slight problem... we've not seen one yet.

Our nearest Dealership is over 2 hours away in Aberdeen and as one of our reasons for choosing a Beach is Accessibility problems we are struggling to get across to confirm whether the front passenger seat is fit for our needs; we need it to allow the occupant to rotate while in the seat with their feet unobstructed.

A very kind couple from Edinburgh, that were parked recently at the Fortrose campsite, graciously allowed me a peek into their Ocean (where I was greeted by a very friendly and rather wet Red Setter who had obviously been enjoying the nearby sandy beach, small "b") but we'd love to check out a real Beach and so to my request...

...Are there any owners, in the Inverness area, of a T6 Beach that wouldn't mind me taking a closer look at their pride and joy so we can hopefully confirm that it is exactly what we need and then go ahead get one?

Great Forum by the way, I look forward to needing all the useful info contained within.

:thanks
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Firstly, which way do you want the Front Passenger seat to rotate?

It will not rotate outwards towards the door.

When rotating the seat the seat back has to be adjusted to the vertical and the seat slid forward so that the seat back clears the B pillar. As you turn the seat a normal sized persons legs would impinge on the gear shift dashboard molding and as you turn further to 90o you would come up against the handbrake between the front seats. For a small person or child it may be possible.
The front cabin and seats are the same, in size, in the Beach or the Ocean.

As WG says, the passenger seat only turns clockwise so you would need to modify the seat base to turn left and if you did you would get away without needing to move the seat back.
Alternatively you could go for the non-swivel comfort seats and have an aftermarket swivel kit.

There is another member in Inverness (eanni) so you may want to send them a message to see if a meet up would be possible.