Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Cali Beach 3 Seat Bench Q

M

Markw1987

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Evening all,

Sorry about the novice question but I am new to the VW scene and very interested in purchasing a VW Beach to accommodate my family of 5.

We are looking to view a Beach with a 2-seat bench in the next few days but I am sceptical about the ease of locating and installing a 3-seat bench to make it practical for us to use should we opt to purchase.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a website which provides the 3-seat benches and possibly provide feedback/instructions on how to install them upon purchase?

I understand the likelihood of finding the same design bench as the vehicle to be very slim/none but we would utilise seat covers anyway.

Also, could anyone recommend a reputable company which provides slide pods?

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

There are plenty of 3 seat benches on ebay, they vary in price depending on age and colours.
I suspect the rails in a 2 seat Beach are the same as a 3 seat beach. Should be an easy swap.

My advice would be to just find a beach with the 3 seat bench. The 2 seat bench is shared with the Ocean. I believe (others on here will confirm) the rails are different. Also you’ll be missing the correct
Multi flex board which forms the headend if the bed. They are not cheap to buy. For 5 you need the 3 seater version for sure. Even with that camping will be cramped but I know folks do it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have managed to source a few options for 3-seat benches. Am I correct in assuming the multiflex board would need to be purchased alongside the bench?

Information online suggests that Caravelle seats are compatible with V6 Californias although I obviously need to clarify that is indeed the case and that the rails between 2-seat and 3-seat beaches are also the same.

Has anyone any experience of undertaking this work themselves and if so, i’d be keen to learn of your experiences?

Many thanks.

My advice would be to just find a beach with the 3 seat bench. The 2 seat bench is shared with the Ocean. I believe (others on here will confirm) the rails are different. Also you’ll be missing the correct
Multi flex board which forms the headend if the bed. They are not cheap to buy. For 5 you need the 3 seater version for sure. Even with that camping will be cramped but I know folks do it....

I’m not sure if there are different rails but I’d agree with what Neilos says and try and get a Beach with a 3 seat bench fitted (for less hassle more than anything else!). I looked at a 2 seat bench with a view to changing it to a 3 seater as I found one with the spec I was after (I even found a really nice chap on here who was looking to swap his 3 seat bench with a 2 seat) but thankfully the right 3 seater beach came up and I bought it.

In relation to a slide pod, I bought one from Jonny at Slidepods and love it. We now have a van for everything we need. 3 seats at the back (we have two children and one on the way!), lots of space in the van for all the kit that children need(!), and a kitchen in the boot. We’re fair weather campers so it all works really well for us.

Good luck with the search!

I’m not sure if there are different rails but I’d agree with what Neilos says and try and get a Beach with a 3 seat bench fitted (for less hassle more than anything else!). I looked at a 2 seat bench with a view to changing it to a 3 seater as I found one with the spec I was after (I even found a really nice chap on here who was looking to swap his 3 seat bench with a 2 seat) but thankfully the right 3 seater beach came up and I bought it.

In relation to a slide pod, I bought one from Jonny at Slidepods and love it. We now have a van for everything we need. 3 seats at the back (we have two children and one on the way!), lots of space in the van for all the kit that children need(!), and a kitchen in the boot. We’re fair weather campers so it all works really well for us.

Good luck with the search!

Slightly off topic, so apologies. But how do you find the slidepod works for gaining access to the boot and also getting all your stuff in? We’ve just come back from a 2 week trip. Family of 4 and we needed all the boot space. Even then it’s a constant jigsaw with the packing. We move about a lot which doesn’t help.

I think that your best option is to look for a three seat bench Beach. The two seat version is very different. I don’t think the rails really matter as both the two seat and three seat bench sit on the two middle rails, but the three seat multiflex sits on rails 1 and 4 and the two seat Beach is missing rail 4.

The three seat bed is plenty big enough for three children to sleep.

I think that your best option is to look for a three seat bench Beach. The two seat version is very different. I don’t think the rails really matter as both the two seat and three seat bench sit on the two middle rails, but the three seat multiflex sits on rails 1 and 4 and the two seat Beach is missing rail 4.

The three seat bed is plenty big enough for three children to sleep.
I believe that the rail system is the same on the Beach 2 seat and three seat (and Caravelle, Mulitvan and other variants) but the 4th rail (counting from the door) is under the storage box and is used to fasten the storage box. Still need to source the 3 seat and the multiflex but other than that, it should all work. There are a couple of posts in the forum about removing the box from the rail fixings.

Back