Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Salty

Salty

Salty
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm a sucker for camp fires. So I'm keen find a portable firepit that we can use on sites where campfires aren't allowed but BBQs are. I've been looking at this one. It has folding legs and comes with a carrybag to keep the soot at bay. Has anyone used it or anything similar?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Garden-Outdoors/Hacienda-58106-Camping-Firebowl-Grill-Folding-Carry/B00JQ9HNAQ/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q1TYBKVE5N24XRZVSK9P
Have a look at this, the foldable outdoor wood burning stove. We use one, absolutely brilliant
https://www.anevay.co.uk/outdoors/

Reactions: DM
VWDrooper

VWDrooper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm a sucker for camp fires. So I'm keen find a portable firepit that we can use on sites where campfires aren't allowed but BBQs are. I've been looking at this one. It has folding legs and comes with a carrybag to keep the soot at bay. Has anyone used it or anything similar?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Garden-Outdoors/Hacienda-58106-Camping-Firebowl-Grill-Folding-Carry/B00JQ9HNAQ/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q1TYBKVE5N24XRZVSK9P
Yep had one for a couple of years, does the job and good for the money, bag keeps van clean

• Thanks
DM

DM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Wow lots of sophisticated solutions out there :rolleyes:. Think I''l just keep it simple for the moment.

VWDrooper

VWDrooper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Do you use it on grass - do the legs leave marks and does the heat from underneath scorch the grass?
Yes, no, yes a little all depends on how hot it gets

It comes with a griddle so just keep a sausage/burger to hand and throw it on if you get challenged then its a BBQ

• Thanks
Alibee

Alibee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I've fitted a couple of those Frontier stoves to bell tents and can confirm that, while they're fine inside a tent, they would be next to useless in anything other than dead still air outdoors.

We've used one of the Hacienda ones on many occasions and you can get a pretty serious fire going on one if you're keen!

DM

DM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It's got to be said that Cali owners are certainly ambitious. I set out looking for a simple fire pit to toast a few marshmallows and sing ging gang gooly around and have been rewarded with an education into a range of sophisticated heating and cooking solutions :thanks .

I've bought a simple open bowl with folding legs. I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives. Had a bit of an expensive day today - also bought a waffle iron and stovetop coffee percolator. Time to stop (for a little while).

Last edited:
DM

DM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Basic fire bowl came today. Can't wait to use it but not sure if we'll get a chance this weekend. Depends where we end up. Might have to try it in the garden if not.

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Top tip. Get a blow torch from Screwfix and chuck it in with the fire bowl.

Great for getting the kindling going, beats fire lighters etc :pinkbanana

"Twisted fire starter....."

DM

DM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Top tip. Get a blow torch from Screwfix and chuck it in with the fire bowl.

Great for getting the kindling going, beats fire lighters etc :pinkbanana

"Twisted fire starter....."
You are clearly the sort who sprays barbque lighter fluid on open flames :help.

HTML