Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Opinions Required...

Another method is to use a steam cleaner with a terry cloth attachment on the nozzle - our Karcher does a nice job of freshening up the inside and shifting water marks.

We have just returned from our first outing in out 2018 Cali Ocean. We spent 10 days wild and site camping in Scotland. Fantastic time had by all weather varied from pretty dull to beautiful. One wild camp on the Kyle of Tongue particularly stood out. Photograph attached. However we have noticed that with all the rain its left marks on the seats. Now we paid the thick end of 48k, but could not stretch to the "ScotchGuard" stuff for the outside and inside of the van and they would'nt split it was all or nothing and frankly we could no afford it. We are the second owners it being an ex demonstrator. However the marks on the seats are purely from drops of rain either as it blew in or as it dropped off a coat. Is this usual ? Any thoughts gratefully received.

View attachment 47352

View attachment 47353

View attachment 47354

View attachment 47355
We have just returned from our first outing in out 2018 Cali Ocean. We spent 10 days wild and site camping in Scotland. Fantastic time had by all weather varied from pretty dull to beautiful. One wild camp on the Kyle of Tongue particularly stood out. Photograph attached. However we have noticed that with all the rain its left marks on the seats. Now we paid the thick end of 48k, but could not stretch to the "ScotchGuard" stuff for the outside and inside of the van and they would'nt split it was all or nothing and frankly we could no afford it. We are the second owners it being an ex demonstrator. However the marks on the seats are purely from drops of rain either as it blew in or as it dropped off a coat. Is this usual ? Any thoughts gratefully received.

View attachment 47352

View attachment 47353

View attachment 47354

View attachment 47355
I had mine treated with Guard X and results were the same as yours ended up fitting covers

I am sure the person who eventually buys your campervan will appreciate, having taken off your aftermarket seat covers, that underneath are pristine original VW seats that they can enjoy!
I sell the vans with the covers still fitted.

Why WTF? why would I take them off they are a bit of a PITA to fit so why would I swap them onto a new vehicle. Plus the new owner can benefit from them and the knowledge that the seats are mint underneath.
If you want another pop, I fit full Brandrup carpet sets and cut to fit anti-slip mats to the worktops and all cupboard shelf's as well.
If I were buying second hand, I want to know the vehicle has been looked after but used which I do, I just want to protect it while I do so.

Last edited:
Back