• Thread starter California T2023
  • Start date
C

California T2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all

Newbie and just collected new Cali yesterday. just added weconnect app on phone. vehicle health report shows warning triangle on drive icon. Orange light on dash which goes out when I start the engine. is this normal?

thanks in advance for any advise

T

IMG_1892.png

IMG_1890.jpeg

It will be the “low” fuel level that’s triggering the 1x reported warning message in the app. We had similar when I first downloaded it. Should disappear once you fill up. orange light on dash is normal before engine starts up.

Hi all

Newbie and just collected new Cali yesterday. just added weconnect app on phone. vehicle health report shows warning triangle on drive icon. Orange light on dash which goes out when I start the engine. is this normal?

thanks in advance for any advise

T

View attachment 110548

View attachment 110549
If this orange light (Engine management warning light) is orange whilst driving it means to see what is the problem with the vehicle. As soon as poss.
If it’s red, you’ll have to stop and call VW Assist.

Thanks both seems it normal for light to be on when ignition key turned on and light goes offe after starting the engine. its the message on the app that threw me as it uses the same engine logo but is linked to message for refuel apparently.

Thanks both seems it normal for light to be on when ignition key turned on and light goes offe after starting the engine. its the message on the app that threw me as it uses the same engine logo but is linked to message for refuel apparently.
You need a minimum of a 1/4 tank of fuel for DPF regeneration to take place. If DPF regeneration cannot start/complete engine will eventually develope a DPF fault.

Orange light = a warning,

it is normal for multiple dash lights to show up when the ignition is turned on , as the system checks are carried out the lights should go out by themselves.
if the light does not extinguish after start up the potential issue need to be resolved to prevent a Red light.

Red light illuminated after start up signifies an issue that need to be resolved immediately (usually)

We had that orange light appear on our 2022 T6.1 Beach. It confused the dealer for a while as the code reader said it was due to a signal from an exhaust valve. However the engine history said it was triggered willst the engine wasn't moving so it should have been impossible for that code to be triggered. In the end they realised it the van was missing a software update. It was a known fault and the update stopped it happening.

Back