Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order Change

NorCal

NorCal

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Greetings from cold Northumberland!
We, or rather my wife, ordered an Ocean, with a few options. After some misgivings, she has decided to change the colour. She is well within the window to revise the order specification, however when contacting the dealer, she has been advised that changing the colour will result in the requirement to delete one of the required options; the upgraded alternator and battery. Otherwise the system will not allow the colour change to be actioned.
It appears somewhat strange that such a restriction should apply.
Any thoughts from others who have ordered and changed the specification?

We, or rather my wife, ordered an Ocean, with a few options. After some misgivings, she has decided to change the colour. She is well within the window to revise the order specification, however when contacting the dealer, she has been advised that changing the colour will result in the requirement to delete one of the required options; the upgraded alternator and battery. Otherwise the system will not allow the colour change to be actioned.
Sounds ridiculous - how could they be linked?
I added options 2 weeks after ordering - no restrictions. (I have some regrets now that I didn’t also order the tow bar or DCC).

You get the upgraded alternator as standard, the upgraded engine battery is designed for city start/stop driving...

Why not get the top half wrapped? Best of both worlds!

But agree with above, not needed unless your going to do your daily DPD rounds in it.

You get the upgraded alternator as standard, the upgraded engine battery is designed for city start/stop driving...

The option description states “Stronger AGM battery and increased alternator capacity.”. If the upgraded alternator is standard, then that’s somewhat misleading...

The option description states “Stronger AGM battery and increased alternator capacity.”. If the upgraded alternator is standard, then that’s somewhat misleading...
Most of the VW options and packs are like that...

Cool. So no great loss if the colour change does mean the deletion of the ‘Stronger AGM battery and increased alternator capacity’. I’m still bemused as to why it should!

We may suffer some post purchase dissonance however, given the maxim ‘Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it’... :)

Most of the VW options and packs are like that...
True. Some ‘options’ include items in the description that are standard on an Ocean

Cool. So no great loss if the colour change does mean the deletion of the ‘Stronger AGM battery and increased alternator capacity’. I’m still bemused as to why it should!

We may suffer some post purchase dissonance however, given the maxim ‘Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it’... :)
I think you may need it and have it anyway.
Before you finalise your options for the second time, did you add the 80L fuel tank? Must be worth £78 to save the day at least once in the vans life?

That sounds strange - I changed my colour choice 3 weeks after placing my original order & I had the option of the upgraded alternator & battery - my dealer never made an issue of it at all but simply changed it !

That sounds strange - I changed my colour choice 3 weeks after placing my original order & I had the option of the upgraded alternator & battery - my dealer never made an issue of it at all but simply changed it !
Ditto with me.

Unsurprisingly, my wife received confirmation today that the change of colour has been accepted for her California.

I can now complete the artwork for the César Manrique wrap...

EE76D8C5-5213-426C-81A2-5EF6FACAD071.jpeg .

Unsurprisingly, my wife received confirmation today that the change of colour has been accepted for her California.

I can now complete the artwork for the César Manrique wrap...

View attachment 69953 .
Boggling o_O
Which colour did you change from/to?

Back