Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Original German reg

B6POB

B6POB

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Appologies in advance if this is a daft question but does anyone know if there is any way of finding out the original german reg my T4 Cali would have had prior to coming to England and recieving the UK plate?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You would need to know the guy who imported it i think ?

German vehicles don't just have one logbook, they have
a small one which is always kept in the vehicle and also
a larger A5/A4 sized one which is the original.
When i import a vehicle to the UK i put it on the red export
plates, they then print out a new small one to go with the
vehicle and cut off a corner of the ´big ´one of which either
goes with or not.

There may be a way to find out with the chassis number
or try DVLA.

Stupid question, but why do you want to know ?

Have a good look on the window glass. It may be etched on. Mine was on my G60

Surely DVLA keep a note on file from when it was registered here?

If it helps, I have the docs for mine if there is any info there that may be useful.

Interesting....mine came over from Japan so I might have to have a dig through the paperwork tonight.

And then learn some Japanese I guess.

Thanks for the replys, i'll do some digging and see what i can find out. I am purely just interested to know what it was and have some plates made up to replicate how it would have been over in germany.

Thanks sidepod, i wouldnt know what on them is helpful at the min but ill keep you in mind
Surely DVLA keep a note on file from when it was registered here?

If it helps, I have the docs for mine if there is any info there that may be useful.

Oh i do miss it. Regret the day i sold it :sad
View attachment 42044
I miss my old Rallye too, it sounded like a jet fighter.
36479eb7e24b8f796e8bce9b960d1dbc.jpg

I miss my old Rallye too, it sounded like a jet fighter.
36479eb7e24b8f796e8bce9b960d1dbc.jpg

Nice, looks like Elsecar meet back in the day
May be we need to start a new thread 'Members Mk2s'

On the nice weekends I get my kicks from this at the min would still love another mk2 though
e2e7d97525a031ec6755dc27f4cc3dac.jpg

Could you lot get a room?

You'll be hard pressed to find out the German reg of the van because the number doesn't belong to the van, but the owner. So when you purchase a new car here, the old owner has to remove the number plates and return them to the vehicle registration office of their town. The new owner then has to also go to the town office register the vehicle, at which point a new plate will be issued. This also used to apply if you moved towns in Germany, you would have to change the plates to reflect your new town, however the rules have changed on this in recent years.

Each Landkries has it's own unique letter code identifying it, so Wolfsburg is WOB, Hannover is H and Berlin is B. A landkries is like an administrative area surrounding a large town or city. It could encompass lots of smaller outlying towns and villages as well as the main town. There are hundreds of Landkries in Germany, but the first letters of any plate will identify the Landkries the owner lives in. Then after that there is a combination of letters and numbers which the owner can choose for themselves or have allocated.

Potentially if you knew the Landkriess of where your van was last registered, then I suppose you could contact the office there, but I doubt you would get very far.

Good lad. #jealous :(
Stood more than 10yrs in a lock-up, i decided to get it out
and got a bit exited and stuck a new battery on it and tried starting it.
The petrol had caramelised in the tank and it dragged it through the
system :headbang
I try not to think about it.....

DVLA won't tell you anything about previous owners (GDPR rules) so I guess Germany will be the same.

G60 great, my son had a G40 Polo which would out run any similar boy racer in a similar vehicle. However he eventually say the light and bought a VW T3 (Type 25) Westfalia Joker.

Back