Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v sockets?

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Ok so shoot me down right away if this is a daft question. How many 12v sockets are the in the back of a T4 California? I've not found one yet in the back of my exclusive. Im just making up a list of stuff to pinch off my T4 back in the UK and I was going to take the inverter which got me thinking about 12v sockets. I know there's the mains 240v socket behind the drivers seat that only on when the vans hooked up. Is there any more hidden away?

Cheers
Matt

One. It's above the 240v behind the drivers seat.

T4 Westys don't have inverters as standard.

One. It's above the 240v behind the drivers seat.

T4 Westys don't have inverters as standard.
Ah nice one. I've found it now. Its one of those daft little small ones. I've never seen anything with that sized plug. I had the same sockets on my old T25.

Cheers lad :thumb

They are Hella sockets. Popular on motorbikes I think. You can pick up convertors to ciggy sockets on eBay and the like.

Aye I've found a couple of double splitters on eBay. I might see what I can find over here first. I might look at putting in a couple more sockets when I fit my old inverter. Cheers chaps

Those smaler 12v sockets are common in (older)trucks , try to stop at those truck-stops and gasstations on the highway , they sell those...

Yep, as advised, just the one 'hella' type above the 240v and below the small table. I initially bought a hella - 3xCigaratte socket thingy off ebay that sits I stuck into the adjacent storage pocket.

We then took a feed from the bathroom light down into the wardrobe. Drilled a (non visible) hole from inside the cupboard out to the shelf that runs to the sliding door, and now have 3x12v sockets in there......which get a lot more use than the ones near the table.

Back