Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Original VW downstairs comfort mattress

wilde1

wilde1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi i have a genuine vw comfort mattress for the downstairs bed for sale, it is as new condition as I have had a waterproof comfortz leisure cover on it from new and I will be selling the cover and mattress together, the cover sells on the club shop for about £98 and I think the vw comfort mattress is around the £300 mark, I'm open to offers but looking around the £200 mark, would post for that.
Many thanks Jon

Hi. Would this fit a T6.1? I understand the T5 has a thicker rear section to level out the bed which the T6.1 doesn’t have (I think! Not sure about T6). Also, would you be able to post pictures?

Cheers.

Hi, I'm not sure about the, t6.1, ours is a t6, but yes the rear section is very thick, when I get home tonight I will post some pictures if that is ok
Many thanks
Jon

Many thanks Jon. I don’t think it’ll fit a t6.1 then as I believe the comfort mattress for a 6.1 is the same thickness throughout.

If anyone knows different, feel free to correct me.

Cheers.

I do know that you have to have the rear shelf on the lower position so when the comfort mattress is pulled out it is all level, not sure if t6.1 has different settings?

I think it does. It was a complete redesign on the T6.1 and I don’t believe it has a lower position anymore.

I think it does. It was a complete redesign on the T6.1 and I don’t believe it has a lower position anymore.
You are correct, this will not fit the 6.1. The rear part of the comfort mattress is double thickness on the T6, whereas on the 6.1 it is the same thickness throughout.

You are correct, this will not fit the 6.1. The rear part of the comfort mattress is double thickness on the T6, whereas on the 6.1 it is the same thickness throughout.
Many thanks for confirming.

IMG_20230602_191511.jpg
IMG_20230602_191517.jpg
IMG_20230602_191523.jpg
IMG_20230602_191531.jpghope these pictures help

Thanks for the pictures, it confirms they won’t fit my 6.1. Good luck with the sale.

Hi all.
Grab a bargain, reduced price £150

If you ditch the pad that covers just the rear shelf on the T6.1 you need the double thickness bit of the T6 mattress.
The T6.1 "comfort" mattress goes over the top of the rear shelf pad.

If you ditch the pad that covers just the rear shelf on the T6.1 you need the double thickness bit of the T6 mattress.
The T6.1 "comfort" mattress goes over the top of the rear shelf pad.
So, for clarity, are you saying this would fit the 6.1 if you remove the rear shelf pad? Is it something you’ve tried?

Cheers.

So, for clarity, are you saying this would fit the 6.1 if you remove the rear shelf pad?
That is exactly what I am saying.

On a T6.1 the shelf sits 50mm below the level of the rear bench when that is folded flat. The pad just makes up the difference to make the bed flat, that pad is 50mm thick so as long as the T6 mattress is about 50mm thicker at the shelf end it will fit perfectly.

Here is freeze frame shot curtesey of california Chris showing the T6.1 "comfort" mattress in place over the top of the pad.

The only thing you won't have is the notch cut out that assists with finding the strap that he's pulling in the photo.

We are still using the Brandrup extend mattress from our T5.1 in our current T6.1 as its far better than the Current VW offering.

IMG_0706.jpeg

That is exactly what I am saying.

On a T6.1 the shelf sits 50mm below the level of the rear bench when that is folded flat. The pad just makes up the difference to make the bed flat, that pad is 50mm thick so as long as the T6 mattress is about 50mm thicker at the shelf end it will fit perfectly.

Here is freeze frame shot curtesey of california Chris showing the T6.1 "comfort" mattress in place over the top of the pad.

The only thing you won't have is the notch cut out that assists with finding the strap that he's pulling in the photo.

We are still using the Brandrup extend mattress from our T5.1 in our current T6.1 as its far better than the Current VW offering.

View attachment 109580
Excellent, thanks @andyinluton.

@wilde1 I’ll send you a DM tomorrow.