Our 2018 Norway Trip

bvddobb

bvddobb

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
kaart Noorwegentrip 2018.jpg

This September, we did another Norway Trip, this time concentrating on the eastern parts and the mountains. You can find and interactive map of our trip on Google Maps, under this link.

Short explanation:
  • the blue parts are tracks we still had on our 'to do' list;
  • the red parts indicate our wandering from one to the other;
  • our camping spots are indicated;
  • and some photo spots as well.

And for those who can stomach it: a LARGE photo album (2286 photo's...) under this link.

View attachment 39143
I assume the car graveyard is at Bastnas. Looks like a very eire place. Imagine spending Halloween there!
Large photo album yes, but great record. Thanks for sharing.

Wow indeed! Some amazing photography! I really enjoyed watching your video - absolutely brilliant. We spent five weeks in Norway over the summer - wish I’d come back with an audio-visual like that! Thank you so much for sharing it with fellow California enthusiasts.

Looks suberb !
Seems like a nice trip.

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to post. :thumb

Brilliant, loved it all and really did look at each and every photograph. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Loved it. Travelled in the Norwegian Eastern part/Swedish western part in 2014 & 2016.
Femunden is like travelling in another world, almost no human beings... and when the sky is clearing after showers, the magic is taking place. I could sit there and just watch the landscape and the weather changing with the wind and your breathing as only soundtrack. It would be paradise if there were no midges - maybe these are gone in September ?

Just got back from 16k trip 100 days. But our map would look more messy covering like every spot of the country back and force :D. The only sad change after many years traveling there, the drivers getting slightly more aggressive and insanely more tourists this year. Lots from France and Spain what pretty surprised us.

It would be paradise if there were no midges - maybe these are gone in September ?
We have been to Norway many times, but only ever saw midges on Hardangervida, in 2012. That was the only time we were there in July/August, usually we are earlier or later in the season.

our map would look more messy covering like every spot of the country back and force :D
Well, if we combined the maps of all our Norway trips, it would look a lot more messy, too!

We have been to Norway many times, but only ever saw midges on Hardangervida, in 2012. That was the only time we were there in July/August, usually we are earlier or later in the season.

Really looking forward going back out of season when we will travel without the children again.

Preparing our trip to Norway for next year, your Gpx files would interest me a lot. Is it possible to receive them in PM?

Preparing our trip to Norway for next year, your Gpx files would interest me a lot. Is it possible to receive them in PM?
We'd love to, but we can't PM (i.e. "start a conversation" with) you, I think you need to be a VIP member to be able to use private conversations.

As a bit of extra inspiration, then, an impression of our 2014 Norway trip:

Last edited:
Thanks to Weasel for bumping this thread up. @bvddobb , amazing travels. Thank you for sharing. Looking through all your past posts as well. Good read.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We'd love to, but we can't PM (i.e. "start a conversation" with) you, I think you need to be a VIP member to be able to use private conversations.
@Wesel, here are our 2018 Norway mountain tracks, all in a zip-file (attachment)

Attachments

• Norway 2018 tracks.zip
    471.9 KB · Views: 8
@Wesel, here are our 2018 Norway mountain tracks, all in a zip-file (attachment)
Thank you very much. I started to look for routes in this part of Norway. Your itineraries will be useful to me and will be part of the trip. As we practice hiking a lot, I am looking for routes that can combine beautiful mountain roads, beautiful landscapes and hikes. And also the spots to camp at night. That's enough to occupy my long winter evenings.