Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our first weekend away

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Having collected our new Cali 2 weeks ago, our first trip away was one night at a caravan site with touring pitches in North Somerset at St Audries bay

A little cold but crisp clear days and hardly anyone around. Here's our pitch overlooking the sea
b2d5efe75cd062ead2fca11512ec6867.jpg

And here's me cooking breakfast on Sunday morning!
f2bc8c06936e4b338da951a95f188432.jpg

Great picture mate not sure I would be standing out there :laugh2 :laugh2
Nice colour van by the way :thumb

Looks like a good site for autumn / winter camping. Which site was it. - I can see a couple on the web but it looks more like Home Farm?

p.s. agree with Calikev - good choice of colour

ChrisandPenney52 said:
Looks like a good site for autumn / winter camping. Which site was it. - I can see a couple on the web but it looks more like Home Farm?

Yes it was Home Farm Holiday Centre. They only have 9 touring pitches but they all in a line with the same outlook as the one in our picture. All level hard standing pitches with water and electric should you want it.

It was a good site and was very quiet while we were there. The facilities were all good and clean, but the showers needed 20p's and weren't as hot as i would have liked. Reviews for the site also comment on the hot water, but for a night or two away it was good.

There's a fish and chip van that visits the site every friday and saturday evening and does fish and chips to order, apparently very good but we cooked in the van so didnt sample the delights.

The beach was a good walk and you can walk further afield if you want to, although there are'nt many walks from the site, so could be a little limiting.

Thanks for the update. I may well give it a try sometime over the winter.

Back