Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor RevolutionCalifornia Coast Drive Away Awning

TimR

TimR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone have any experience of this? It looks to be specially made for Go Outdoors to sell. Not sure why its called a California but if its compatible with the door that would be a bonus.
Cheers

We have one of these. It was great value and the air poles are really sturdy - have no issues with it at all - fits nice.
D2EFCC5E-CB6C-450A-A2D1-A3C7722BCBBD.JPG

We have one of these. It was great value and the air poles are really sturdy - have no issues with it at all - fits nice.
Thanks for this. Looks a bit larger than I imagined but a nice design. Mind me asking how you connect the van?

We connect it to the awning rail which has a slot for the kadar strip, we then use figure of 8 plastic slots - like the following diagram:
demo (1).jpg

We connect it to the awning rail which has a slot for the kadar strip, we then use figure of 8 plastic slots - like the following diagram:
Thats great thank you very much

Get one of these dual ones then you can also attach to the VW slot on the drivers side of van...handy if the sun ever comes back out (will also fit the slot in the Thule roller awning:

Hello all, hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but we've just bought this awning and are struggling to put the pole in above the door, it seems too wide to fit into the black sockets either side - has anyone else had this issue? Apart from this out looks to be a great awning!
Many thanks

Sorry for the late reply @CustomFamily - hopefully you have got the pole in by now... it does need a little effort to get it in - sometimes one of the joins in the pole can catch the fabric and get stuck, so just keep that in mind!

Sorry for the late reply @CustomFamily - hopefully you have got the pole in by now... it does need a little effort to get it in - sometimes one of the joins in the pole can catch the fabric and get stuck, so just keep that in mind!
Thanks for the reply. We worked out we needed to take some of the air out of the tubes so it wasn't fully up, it was the only way to get the pole in both ends without snapping the plastic socket! Apart from this minor issue, we really like this awning!

Sadly we have to replace our Khyam drive away awning. It’s 13 years old and the flap attaching to the van got ripped in recent storms and though our local tent shop will repair it they have to have it off the poles. Having spent an hour investigating it looks impossible as it would have to slide off at the top and it is impossible to disconnect the four poles at the crest, looks like they were glued into the hinges after the canvas was threaded in. Also it is prob coming to the end of life for the canvas as it also ripped on one of the roof panels, which I could repair with the supplied repair kit.
The big plus for us has been the ease of erection with the ‘camel knee’ joints (can do it on my own in 5 mins). It’s 2.5 x 2.5m which is a perfect size for just the two of us. Keep bikes, outdoor gas burner etc in there. The small ‘pup’ inner tent is useful for extra guests at Glasto!
Don’t like the look of the Vango as we don’t want built in groundsheet, we have an eco one that does not kill the grass & also if it is a dry site like having the ’natural‘ floor!
I realise times & technology have changed and would appreciate some comments on poles vs inflate, and owt else as we say in Yorkshire….
Thoughts, folks?

Joining the thread very late but just bought one of these awnings. Can anybody help with the size of carpet that would be needed at all please to fit in the OR California Coast Air. Thank you

Back