Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

outside tempter sensor causing add blue fault

R

Rodney

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can anyone help, had the orange engine management light come on, along with the outside temperature sensor dropping down to the point the display only shows 3 dashes, took into garage after the aa plugged it in an said, add blue pump fault,
when the garage did the same (heritage Bristol) all faults gone, nothing done to the van and was told all ok.
Next long journey same thing again, ping from dash, temp dropped and management light on.
took back in, they changed the sensor, then as they were about to park it up for collection did it again to them. Conclusion from them was poor connection on lead to sensor, this was after the front end was removed after they changed the cylinder head, due to cracked head, been loosing water for 4 months but they never diagnosed it until i took it back for the 4th time.
my question is, can the outside sensor cause the ECU to show an add blue fault ? also has anyone had this problem, or is it just the fact that if I did not have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!
van is 2016 t6 203ps with DSG and 4motion just turned 40K miles

Can anyone help, had the orange engine management light come on, along with the outside temperature sensor dropping down to the point the display only shows 3 dashes, took into garage after the aa plugged it in an said, add blue pump fault,
when the garage did the same (heritage Bristol) all faults gone, nothing done to the van and was told all ok.
Next long journey same thing again, ping from dash, temp dropped and management light on.
took back in, they changed the sensor, then as they were about to park it up for collection did it again to them. Conclusion from them was poor connection on lead to sensor, this was after the front end was removed after they changed the cylinder head, due to cracked head, been loosing water for 4 months but they never diagnosed it until i took it back for the 4th time.
my question is, can the outside sensor cause the ECU to show an add blue fault ? also has anyone had this problem, or is it just the fact that if I did not have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!
van is 2016 t6 203ps with DSG and 4motion just turned 40K miles
Adblue can freeze. So if external temperature sensor fails I presume the ECU presumes the Adblue is unavailable as possibly frozen hence the Engine Emission light.

Thanks for your reply, the garage indicated that this was possible, as you said it would be frozen at that temperature!

Back