Outside washing line

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
As some maybe have seen there's a member ( @Bigted ) on here who makes small and cheap bits with his 3-D printer.
On the recent champagne meet i asked someone to bring some stuff allong for me from him to see it in the flesh.

Orderd some internal and external hooks and a washing line.

Been playing arround with it...

This is how the washing line looks like using two supports and a simple rope between .
You put tention on the rope by sliding the supports outwarts they grip in the Brandruprail.
Very simple and basic as it was disigned for .
Drying large wet bathtowels would probaly not work that well however it does come handy , cheap , lightweight and packs small.
IMG_7293.JPG
IMG_7294.JPG

However , as i like to put in some detailing from my side , you can use three supports to make the line tighter and even use the screws from your topper in between to hold everything even better in place
IMG_7281.JPG
A closer look on how i worked it out using two small alu musketons that where in the Cali anyway for accidental use
IMG_7282.JPG
One support in the midlle as i was tipped by @Kmann
IMG_7283.JPG
IMG_7284.JPG

The outside hooks also go in the Brandruprail and can be used for sevral purpose , they seem very strong , small and cost almost nothing
IMG_7285.JPG
IMG_7286.JPG

Last edited:
The inside hooks go in the tablerail and other then to watch out not pushing the table all the way outwarts pushing the hook out i see no problem and a very handy hook for a towel!
IMG_7288.JPG
IMG_7289.JPG

The linnen bags seem to be made by a family member of Bigted and can be orderd separate.
IMG_7287.JPG
Here's how my set looks like after adding the cord and musketons
IMG_7291.JPG
IMG_7292.JPG

All this info is just on how i see it and i will be using it , for info and prices please contact @Bigted.

Note: there is also a Brandrup washingline but €$£ ?

And two trees or poles also do the trick
:D

Last edited:
Hi bigted are you still poducing the washing line components - many thanks

Hotel California: a source of information and a big fan, one could say an adept of the T5.1 california; also the best proof that you can overcome your small campervan addiction ;) Maybe one day my fate too, but for now we are fully enjoying the old faithful T4 westfalia and have been looking forward to the ordered coast for a long time. I wish him and his loved ones all the best and happiness in life :thumb
Oh yes, I also ordered some nice stuff from @Bigted and already used them last summer when we received a courtesy vehicle from the dealer to compensate for a wrong delivery and the long delivery times that have been prevalent for almost 2 years now (but that's a completely different story ).

Last edited:
+1 for BigTeds gear, inexpensive, well designed and they do exactly what they are Designed for.

C46434FA-2F94-4146-941E-ADB067C53F33.jpeg

B67177BC-A605-4857-AFEC-CB47644796D9.jpeg