Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted Washing Line Needed

The Tall Luthier

The Tall Luthier

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I am looking for a washing line for the Cali, ideally something that can attach to the spare awning rail and come out a distance.. Blow me down if I can't find anything available in the UK. If anyone has any links I would be very grateful. Here are two possible solutions. Thank you.20160510_140836.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 14.32.02.png

I am looking for a washing line for the Cali, ideally something that can attach to the spare awning rail and come out a distance.. Blow me down if I can't find anything available in the UK. If anyone has any links I would be very grateful. Here are two possible solutions. Thank you.View attachment 90938
View attachment 90937
I'm personally not convinced by these washing line gadgets. If the wind blows surely your clean clothes then clean the side of your dirty van.

I have a spare thumb screw to attach to the awning rail and then tie some cord to it, and the other end to a tree/small child.

I am looking for a washing line for the Cali, ideally something that can attach to the spare awning rail and come out a distance.. Blow me down if I can't find anything available in the UK. If anyone has any links I would be very grateful. Here are two possible solutions. Thank you.View attachment 90938
View attachment 90937
BigTed (on this forum) does a 3D printed solution.

Another shout out to BIG TED @Bigted

he has a face book page where you can order his products

EA548D45-24CA-462B-A17E-4E767E9A24B2.jpeg

78C83F5D-57F8-4E2B-9497-DE43D2EA1E9A.jpeg

OK so this won't take a lot of weight but it dries 2 camping towels over night! Very cheap option...
20220321_083915.jpg

Thank you folks, I'll get in touch with someone with Facebook and track @Bigted down.
I'm personally not convinced by these washing line gadgets. If the wind blows surely your clean clothes then clean the side of your dirty van.

I have a spare thumb screw to attach to the awning rail and then tie some cord to it, and the other end to a tree/small child.
That's an outrageous lie! A small child would be far too close to the ground to be of any use, you need a 13 year old at the very least, shorter than 5'7" then do not apply for the role!

I do have some awning ties that are designed to keep it down, but you are right, if there is a tree around I could fashion a cleaner line. Thanks

Thanks for the heads up about BigTed, I shall find someone with FaceBook and have a good mooch around his FacePages.

We use a couple of BigTed line attachments and a piece of paracord.

Not so much for drying clean washing (as per subthree) but for hanging smelly walking socks where they can catch some fresh air overnight.

Back