Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overnight stay near Le Mans / Tours

2haw

2haw

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We're heading down to Biscarosse this August and are looking to stay overnight or 2 near Le Mans / Tours on the way down.

Does anybody have any recommendations of campsites in the area, preferably near the A28?

Thank you..

We're heading down to Biscarosse this August and are looking to stay overnight or 2 near Le Mans / Tours on the way down.

Does anybody have any recommendations of campsites in the area, preferably near the A28?

Thank you..

Not sure if this would be too far west for you, but we really liked the small and informal campsite at Brehemont (site is called “Loire et Chateaux”, and is in ACSI). Friendly with good facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this would be too far west for you, but we really liked the small and informal campsite at Brehemont (site is called “Loire et Chateaux”, and is in ACSI). Friendly with good facilities.

Thank you, I'll take a look..

Last edited:
I’ve stayed on the car park next to the old town. Lots of mobile homes. Quick and easy into town. Nice gardens for dog walking. No facilities though. Found on park 4 night.

There is an aire by the river on the opposite side to the old town. You need to get there in good time as it gets busy.
Also another one by the river in Arnage.
Only a couple of spots but there is a decent loo round the corner near the church.

Thank you..

Grab yourself a copy of this guide book. It’s a very comprehensive guide to Aires all over France, free or otherwise.

I’ve stayed on the car park next to the old town. Lots of mobile homes. Quick and easy into town. Nice gardens for dog walking. No facilities though. Found on park 4 night.

We stayed in this exact place too. Very convenient having spent the evening enjoying the fascinating La Nuit des Chimères light shows during July and August.