Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oxford campsites

kwmb

kwmb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm off go a long weekend in Oxford next month, I had wanted to stay in the camping/caravan site (only 1 mile from city) but the reviews are not so good, can anyone offer any advice on this site or another in Oxford please?

It's ok. Nothing too flash but serves the purpose. It's a pleasant walk into town once you get to the river. (Abingdon road, turn right to Donnington bridge then follow the river)

Alternatively.......

http://www.diamondpark.co.uk/

It's a 10 min drive to the park and ride or 5 mins drive to Islip for the train into Ox.

We have stayed on this site a few times as our daughter and family live just round the corner. We ask to be pitched on the opposite side to the railway which runs quite close. The facilities are adequate if tired ( they have been unable to negotiate a long enough lease on the site to make a suitable investment in updating them). It is quite a walk into town but loads of buses. It is convenient and adequate, the other sites we know are quite a way out of town.

We have stayed on this site a few times as our daughter and family live just round the corner. We ask to be pitched on the opposite side to the railway which runs quite close. The facilities are adequate if tired ( they have been unable to negotiate a long enough lease on the site to make a suitable investment in updating them). It is quite a walk into town but loads of buses. It is convenient and adequate, the other sites we know are quite a way out of town.
Thanks very helpful

It's ok. Nothing too flash but serves the purpose. It's a pleasant walk into town once you get to the river. (Abingdon road, turn right to Donnington bridge then follow the river)

Alternatively.......

http://www.diamondpark.co.uk/

It's a 10 min drive to the park and ride or 5 mins drive to Islip for the train into Ox.
Thanks I will take a look

I should have added.. if you decide to use the C&C club site do book; it is popular and gets full ( as in they won't take any more)

We've stayed for the weekend at the Ccc site in Oxford. The actual site ie the field, is fine and it is very near to the park and ride. We thought the toilet block was quite horrid and the toilet emptying is next to the washing up - yuk! We prefer to stay at CC Moreton in Marsh and use the cheap and regular train to get into Oxford.

I'm off go a long weekend in Oxford next month, I had wanted to stay in the camping/caravan site (only 1 mile from city) but the reviews are not so good, can anyone offer any advice on this site or another in Oxford please?
5* it isn't but more than adequate if you wish to enjoy the sites of Oxford.

I am staying at the oxford CCC site and month end....... I went for convenience as opposed to 5* ..... it was getting busy when I booked last week.........see you there?

I am staying at the oxford CCC site and month end....... I went for convenience as opposed to 5* ..... it was getting busy when I booked last week.........see you there?
Easy cycle ride or Park & Ride bus outside.

Love you screen cover eyes, where did you get those? Saw an ad in one of the magazines rainbow something I think!!

Yes looking for easy into Oxford and will defo take bikes! I was just a bit disappointed when I saw the reviews! Thanks all for your great help

Love you screen cover eyes, where did you get those? Saw an ad in one of the magazines rainbow something I think!!

Rainbow Screens is the company name....any colour and lots of eyes to choose from, find them on facebook, they were made to order so about 2 weeks wait...but soooo worth it

Yes looking for easy into Oxford and will defo take bikes! I was just a bit disappointed when I saw the reviews! Thanks all for your great help
It is what it is. A City Campsite. It is surrounded by major access roads and a train line. The toilet blocks are dated but fully functional and clean. The staff are very helpful.
I've seen a lot worse on some Continental 5* Campsites.

It is what it is. A City Campsite. It is surrounded by major access roads and a train line. The toilet blocks are dated but fully functional and clean. The staff are very helpful.
I've seen a lot worse on some Continental 5* Campsites.
We are always very happy with CCC club sites, always helpful, we stayed at Devizes last year... got all the way there and forgot our electrics DOH!!! they leant us a spare hook up for our stay :)

Rainbow Screens is the company name....any colour and lots of eyes to choose from, find them on facebook, they were made to order so about 2 weeks wait...but soooo worth it
I know what I am doing when I get home! Thanks

We are always very happy with CCC club sites, always helpful, we stayed at Devizes last year... got all the way there and forgot our electrics DOH!!! they leant us a spare hook up for our stay :)
I've been to a couple and I agree they have always been excellent, so when I saw the reviews for Oxford i was ! But feeling better now

Not sure if this is too far from the city centre for you . We stayed here when visiting friends in Witney and the toilet facilities were certainly 5* as was the cleanliness of the site .

http://www.lincolnfarmpark.co.uk/in...w=article&id=10:finding-us&catid=8:finding-us

I had my eye on that one as it looked lovely! Glad to hear it's nice!

Bladon chains at Woodstock is nice. Cycle path all the way into Ox.

The Feathers in Woodstock has a fab gin bar. Who needs Oxford with all that gin?

Since Moses left a review on this site and I first stayed their on a camel the reviews have not changed. Every year for a gazillion years the C&C club have used this reason for updating this site. The fact is that it is clean as a pin, the wardens are lovely, it is as close to Oxford under £300 squid a night you are going to get.