Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Panda Mattress Topper

Cilmericalifornia

Cilmericalifornia

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi There. I'm new to the forum. I've just ordered a Cali Ocean and I've started the exciting task of compiling and inventory of essential kit to fill up the spare room until it arrives. I've ordered the comfort mattress but I like a fairly soft mattress so I think that a mattress topper on top of that is going to be necessary for a good nights sleep. Does anyone have any experience of using Panda mattress toppers in their vans? The general reviews on line appear to be positive but little info on their use and storage in campervans. I appreciate that they are not custom fitted like the Duvalays but they are much cheaper and I'd want to buy one for the pop top also so the savings would be significant. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

We have just returned from 4 weeks away ( France ,Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland ) using a new king size Panda mattress topper in our Beach. We are really happy with it, using it on top of the VW comfort mattress.We also have a Sea to Summit inflatable mattress to compare it with, which we use either in the roof or in the bottom if we are away in the winter with our kitchen pod fitted inside the van.
I’m always going to struggle for comfort as I’m 6ft 5 and 115kg also I sleep on my side, so often wake with a bit of hip pain. My Wife, ( much smaller than me ) agrees that the Panda topper is brilliant. The Panda topper has probably helped me get the best nights sleep in the 9yrs of owning our van. We use our van a lot, over 100 nights away last year, 72 nights away so far this year.
I appreciate that you are asking the question regarding using the Panda topper in an Ocean and my answer is based on our use in a 2 seater Beach.

That's great feedback. Much thanks from a fellow big bloke!