Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz memory foam topper

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have the original VW mattress topper (with the rear shelf in the lowered position) with a zonesleep on top of that and have experimented putting some foam in between the two also. It just isn't soft enough for us. We were about to go to dunelm to buy a memory foam topper, but then looked into the Forum shop and there seems to be a solution:
The Comfortz VW T5 T6 California SE/Ocean Memory Foam Cabin Mattress Topper – CFTZMT1.

One concern is that we are going to be running out of boot room. We usually stack pillows and duvets etc on the rear parcel shelf and with all of this extra mattress stuff we might run out of room.

So the main questions:
Is this topper going to be soft enough for us?
Will we lose too much room?

Any advice or comments gratefully received.

We used to have the Comfortz topper but sold it as we found it took up quite a bit of space and wasn't soft enough for us. I thought the zonesleep was supposed to be one of the best toppers?

We find we get a pain in our hip, and all down one side, despite my wife being very slender. This is using the zonesleep on top of the vw mattress! Getting a good nights sleep is important to a good holiday, but as always, space is the trade off!

We find we get a pain in our hip, and all down one side, despite my wife being very slender. This is using the zonesleep on top of the vw mattress! Getting a good nights sleep is important to a good holiday, but as always, space is the trade off!
Sounds similar to us, we use a duvalay topper but first nights sleep is never great. We have now bought a £60 Ikea topper to try on top.

I might have solved it! Dunelm sell 'foam block' in 1m x 56cm sheets. 4 pieces of this will stack nicely on the rear parcel shelf during the day, and can then be arranged on the sleeping area at night. The zonesleep on top should even out where the 4 pieces meet. They do various thicknesses but I think we'll go for their 2" variety.

I bet someone out there has done something similar?...