Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Park and Ride Lyon

Straad

Straad

Straad
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi. Can I tap into your collective experience and wisdom please? I need to drop my daughter off in Lyon in October to catch a train. I've been looking at the Park and Ride website for Lyon, specifically Porte des Alpes, but I can't find any information on height restriction at the parking? Looking on Street View on Google Maps it looks that there is a 2m barrier.
So, given that the Cali handbook says it 1.99m high, have any of you tried out going under a 2m barrier? Did you survive the experience unscathed?
Or, in your experience, can you point me in the direction of a better (less height restricted) Park and Ride?
Thanks, Alan

Been under plenty in the UK, no issues. I suspect a 2m barrier is a few cm higher to avoid issues and challenges.

I recently stayed at Anse which has a direct rail link into Lyon (about 30minutes into Lyon- Perrache). (Quicker than driving into Lyon outer burbs)

parking at Anse is unrestricted / free and plentiful right by the station.
(right next to a Carrefour supermarket)

train is inexpensive and run regularly , ticket via ticket machine (un manned station)

the rail line runs through various other towns - see below, so you could look into using the station parking at one of the other locations

you will need a Crit air cert to enter Lyon To avoid potential fines.

parking is available at Perrache and from memory there are some outside spaces , but I can’t recall if there are height restrictions.

hope that helps

edit see attached Google map , highlighting the train station location, Anse is right next to the A6 and has a direct slip road from the A6 into town.

drop me a PM if I can help further with Anse details

F5790C7B-AE7B-49B6-AEF8-CCEBF0BD8158.jpeg

49F22F97-BDA0-4C46-A910-D73C05B1F2A2.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently stayed at Anse which has a direct rail link into Lyon (about 30minutes into Lyon- Perrache). (Quicker than driving into Lyon outer burbs)

parking at Anse is unrestricted / free and plentiful right by the station.
(right next to a Carrefour supermarket)

train is inexpensive and run regularly , ticket via ticket machine (un manned station)

the rail line runs through various other towns - see below, so you could look into using the station parking at one of the other locations

you will need a Crit air cert to enter Lyon To avoid potential fines.

parking is available at Perrache and from memory there are some outside spaces , but I can’t recall if there are height restrictions.

hope that helps

edit see attached Google map , highlighting the train station location, Anse is right next to the A6 and has a direct slip road from the A6 into town.

drop me a PM if I can help further with Anse details

View attachment 113630

View attachment 113631
That's so kind of you to reply and the map is a big help too. This sounds like a great solution as we want to stop somewhere north of Lyon after dropping Anna off, so it will be en route. Once again, many thanks! Alan

Back