Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Patio awning

some of these puns are eggselant

This thread is getting eggsponentially dafter by the minute.

Eggciting delivery...

767d8a3b637f58a8693dff3c8b619a99.jpg

Am watching this thread progress with a certain amount of apprehension, beakause thats going to need some pretty hefty fixings. If you use something too small the weight will just pullet off the wall.

Am watching this thread progress with a certain amount of apprehension, beakause thats going to need some pretty hefty fixings. If you use something too small the weight will just pullet off the wall.

It is 50Kg.

The box was open one end on delivery and the brackets and fixing bolts missing.

It looked like it had been completely repackaged at some point.

There is a scrape in the enamel.
69f5e28b3108271539def69d307bf588.jpg

Uneggceptable!

What an eggstroadinary disappointment. I hope the scrambling can be resolved ASAP.

They've got to be yolking if they think you should accept that.

Seems to be laying around a while, i’m pretty sure you will need all “the kings horses” to put that sunny side up!

What an eggstroadinary disappointment. I hope the scrambling can be resolved ASAP.

I hope so too. It’s Jack’s sixth birthday tomorrow, and we have grandparents coming for tea, and rain forecast for 3pm.

Then on Saturday we have another family of four coming for a BBQ, again with rain forecast.

So now I’ll have to put up the gazebo on the patio to coop us under cover.

I hope so too. It’s Jack’s sixth birthday tomorrow, and we have grandparents coming for tea, and rain forecast for 3pm.

Then on Saturday we have another family of four coming for a BBQ, again with rain forecast.

Be grateful they can visit. I’d take that right now after a year alone.

Have you got someone putting it up for you? If thats a fully cantilevered one ie like the cali awning but no legs, the fixings should be substantial.
We've just done at work about that length outside a restored park pavilion & had to put steel spreaders inside the wall. Engineer thought that with a bit of wind load etc it could pull the the outer skin of brickwork down if it was just rawlbolted into that.

Have you got someone putting it up for you? If thats a fully cantilevered one ie like the cali awning but no legs, the fixings should be substantial.
We've just done at work about that length outside a restored park pavilion & had to put steel spreaders inside the wall. Engineer thought that with a bit of wind load etc it could pull the the outer skin of brickwork down if it was just rawlbolted into that.

Anything I put up just falls down after a week or two. I have an excellent handyman for such jobs.

Here’s the fitting instructions.

Thats a lot of big bolts! looks a lot better kit than than the usual handful of 2 inch wood screws & pathetic plastic plugs.

Could you let me know where it came from? we are looking for a couple of 3m wide ones like that with the electric motors for the parents house. So would be interested to see it in position & comments on quality.
Thanks

Thats a lot of big bolts! looks a lot better kit than than the usual handful of 2 inch wood screws & pathetic plastic plugs.

Could you let me know where it came from? we are looking for a couple of 3m wide ones like that with the electric motors for the parents house. So would be interested to see it in position & comments on quality.
Thanks

It’s only going up if they refund me ~25% of the purchase price for the damage.

We bought it from Primrose Awnings.

It is probably their shipper which is to blame for the damage, but I also suspect the awning was a return as we bought it from stock, and not factory ordered which would have taken about 4 weeks.

But I will certainly post pics if or when installed.

Back