Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paying for new cali

C

CaspersCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi
Looking for some advice as due to be collecting a brand new beach later in the week.

I assumed I would pay the VW dealer the balance on debit card once I've looked over the van & confirmed happy. They seem to want me to pay in advance of my arrival for collection. Just wondered what the normal practice was before I pay and find myself unable to quibble if eg. the options are wrong.

thanks
Tony

Is this one of the heavily discounted and OTR included? If so it may be sales had to be concluded by 26th. Otherwise it is usual to examine then pay remainder.

I paid the balance by debit card at the time of collection and after a full handover and inspection of the vehicle, that was from a VW commercial centre. I would ask them why the are asking for payment in advance?

Had three now, and always paid the remainder after a full inspection plus checked options ordered were present also that all the little bits were with the van i.e. flyscreen's, roof hold down strap etc. etc.

Cheers, yes its one of those but I don't think that is impacting payment date. Potentially I've misread their note on payment....I'll have a word.

thanks for the advice!

Hi would be interested to hear how you get on. I am in a similar position, buying from vw Liverpool- deal needs to be done by Thursday and payment by Tomorrow...

Hi
Looking for some advice as due to be collecting a brand new beach later in the week.

I assumed I would pay the VW dealer the balance on debit card once I've looked over the van & confirmed happy. They seem to want me to pay in advance of my arrival for collection. Just wondered what the normal practice was before I pay and find myself unable to quibble if eg. the options are wrong.

thanks
Tony
1. Tell your bank before hand that you are going to make a large debit card payment for X amount, when and to who, otherwise they may think it's fraud and block it.
2. Tell the dealer you want to look the vehicle over first and will pay using your debit card on collection subject to everything checking out.

Don't pay in advance. Why would they want you to do that? Interesting.

Hi would be interested to hear how you get on. I am in a similar position, buying from vw Liverpool- deal needs to be done by Thursday and payment by Tomorrow...
I bought my last van from LV, and checked everything out first before handing over the dosh. They then fitted the lowering springs for which I paid separately.

Spoken to dealer. I've got the wrong end of the stick. Ok to pay after checking the van over but before collection.
Phew. Thanks for the advice.

Spoken to dealer. I've got the wrong end of the stick. Ok to pay after checking the van over but before collection.
Phew. Thanks for the advice.
All sorted now enjoy the collection process, don't forget the checklist.

Hi

thanks
Tony
We paid balance by debit card on the day of collection after all paperwork/handover had been finalised

Would you pay for a Thomas Cook holiday in cash or cheque in advance?
I paid the deposit on credit card and balance on Debit Card. Done this twice now with no issues. The dealers get jumpy about funds clearing before you drive away - the same as I would get jumpy about paying in advance. I spoke to my bank and said I would be making a debit card payment of £50k on Tuesday any issues. You may find when the card goes through they ring the dealer and want to speak to you.

Would you pay for a Thomas Cook holiday in cash or cheque in advance?
I paid the deposit on credit card and balance on Debit Card. Done this twice now with no issues. The dealers get jumpy about funds clearing before you drive away - the same as I would get jumpy about paying in advance. I spoke to my bank and said I would be making a debit card payment of £50k on Tuesday any issues. You may find when the card goes through they ring the dealer and want to speak to you.
Likewise we have always notified bank. When we collected a Toyota Landcruiser £45K as the card went through the bank phoned to check security. However with the Cali which was more expensive there was no check, but we’ve never had any problems doing it this way.

We bought our van from Liverpool VW Van centre just over a month ago. They suggested that we pay the final total a couple of days before, so that the funds would have cleared when we collected the van, but were happy for us to pay on the day after inspection. We did it by bank transfer by ringing the bank whilst we were at the dealership. It took about half an hour for the transaction to complete, but was a fairly smooth and painless process. We’d rung the bank beforehand to warn them.

Same here and have just paid in full having seen a video tour of my van. Picking up from Liverpool on Saturday. It is a brand new car covered by warranty so don't really see this as a risk.

I dont have a problem paying in advance !
AS long as it is to a trustworthy source I.E a big VW van centre such as Liverpool or Birmingham etc

The money is not at risk and i realise that when they take payments by card they have a cost to stand on that transaction which is usually a %age of the ammount which can add up

I know as we take card payments and the charges are quite galling especially on credit cards which can no longer be added to the bill

IIRC our card provider ( world pay) charges 2.75%of transaction if its a credit card which on £50k is £1375
and debit card of 0.75% which again on £50k is £375

Dealers have to make a profit you realise and those charges seriously eat into or indeed wipe out

Good afternoon,

We paid the deposit by credit card. The salesman told us exactly what we are still due to pay. With this information we went to our bank to requested a bank draft (which took only a day). Doing so the bank was ware of the money transaction, the VW dealer was guaranteed that he will get his money and it was save, because the bank draft was in the name of the VW dealer.

Hand over took a while, but that was because of me. I wanted to enjoy that moment as long as possible. While we spoke about the van various steps of the paperwork was done in parallel. Good that my wife was there to keep an eye on the "serious things in life".

All went well and I was impressed and enjoyed it of how Frank Keane in Dublin (Liffey Valley) organized this.

A few month later we purchased a Corolla Hybrid from a Toyota dealer, which was a bad experience. In a nutshell we signed some papers, got the keys, found the car on the front yard and left :headbang . That was very poor.

Regards,
Eberhard

We're picking up our T6 cali from VW Liverpool on Saturday, I paid the PCP deposit today as their finance team apparently aren't around on Saturday.

If it was Swiss Tony I'd be more apprehensive, but as it's a new vehicle from a reputable VW dealer, i'm not too fussed. If we get there on Saturday and there are issues, we'll leave it with them until they're rectified... They'll be paying for travel if we have to come back too.

Had three now, and always paid the remainder after a full inspection plus checked options ordered were present also that all the little bits were with the van i.e. flyscreen's, roof hold down strap etc. etc.
Had two and never paid balance before full inspection. If I could not inspect before balance I would not place the order. I walked away from a BMW as the doors were out of line they stood open mouthed as I said sorry not thanks bye.

I purchased my vehicle from a dealer who had acquired a job lot of vehicles from a large VW dealer that had gone bust! Buyer beware. We live in uncertain times. This was six years ago. So even vw dealers can go bust!